Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster off to Charlton

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
What do we know of this Ashley Barnes fella ??? Anyone enlighten me/us

"Despite being born in Bath to English parents, Barnes qualifies to represent Austria courtesy of his grandmother on his father's side, who was born in the country."

Adding to the growing list of different nationalities we have at our club :clap2:

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
hmm does Poyet hate Leeds that much? Loan a proven goalscorer to one of their main promotion rivals. That move might just keep Leeds out of the automatic spot :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So what are the chances of Forster firing the goals to see Charlton into 2nd place above Leeds, Leeds firing Grayson, then Leeds poaching Gus Poyet?

I really wouldn't be a happy bunny if we lost Forster AND Poyet. Not happy at all.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Its agood move as far as im concerned if Forsters heart wasnt in it anymore.

Plus id really like to see Holroyd given a go, i think hes a tidy little player who can only improve given a chance.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Seems a shame he didn't get a chance to say goodbye to the fans, our most professional player in the last three years and real quality. i am gutted and really hope he does the business for Charlton and gets them promoted. Who would of had money on Murray outlasting Forster this time last year? certainly not me

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Feel Forster brought it on himself with the outburst and was no way back. Life goes on

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
There's no room for sentimentality in football, it's a good move for him, Charlton and for us.

We're not going down this season, and his contract isn't being renewed so its an opportunity for Gus to try other things out for next season. It gives Nicky a great opportunity at this late stage in his career to play his part in getting another club promotion.

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
There's no room for sentimentality in football, it's a good move for him, Charlton and for us.

We're not going down this season, and his contract isn't being renewed so its an opportunity for Gus to try other things out for next season. It gives Nicky a great opportunity at this late stage in his career to play his part in getting another club promotion.

I tend to agree however his replacement, not excatly a 'goal machine' is he?

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
why get rid of a experiance forward go out on loan and get in someone who hasnt even played for plymouth its a joke and now weve got 2 non league forwards to cover murray if he gets banned or injured it might back fire on poyet and hes not even even a proven goal scorer

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well, lets hope this Plymouth chap knows where the back of the net is, 'cos if he doesn't why the f*** have we let our top scorer go to Charlton!?!

:rant:

Maybe because we are on a good run without him and don't need him any more. I think this is a good sign. In the past we have kept hold of players for a year too long but Forster I believe is going at the right time. I expect we will sign at least two strikers this summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here