Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster-Caskey

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Whilst I agree it wasn't Jake's best game, some of the comments on this thread are just ridiculous!

We've lost Crofts and Bridcutt in midfield, Lopez has been poor, Augustien is out of favour and Stephens was out too tonight. With all of those, I doubt Caskey would start. On top of that, the lad is barely 20, playing in the Championship play offs. I very much doubt Caskey is sitting at home right now thinking 'yeah, I had a game'.

But hey, Brighton fans LOVE a scapegoat.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
JFC was awful tonight, even by his standards , yes he's only 20 but 5 yard passes sideways and giving the ball away like he did, even I could do that!

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Would do a job for someone like leyton orient. Not a side challenging for the prem. can't believe anyone is putting orlandi in the same category though - clearly not match fit yet but a lot of our best work in the first 20 mins went through him - our most creative player by far and moves the ball quickly when he's on form...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bringing in Ince wont improve the situation the only hope is Stephens being fit.

Ince has pace and defensive ability, which is exactly what's needed from a holding midfielder against a good counter attacking team.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Had Crofts and Stephens been fit then i do not think JFC would have featured. I think Ince needs to play on Sunday and KLL, with CMS coming on round about 65mins.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Bringing in Ince wont ichange or mprove the situation the only hope is Stephens being fit.

Disagree.
We hardly ever got behind Derby's fullbacks and when we did, the crosses were terrible. I felt like we needed to play more through the middle to stand any chance against Derby.
Ince in the middle playing a box to box role making late runs into the box for sunday please.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
For crying out loud! Are we blaming a kid for tonight? Is he the new Ashley Barnes? Brighton fans always want a whipping boy. I remember Tony Towner getting dogs abuse back in the day. Get off his back. He's a decent player and all you want to do is crucify the poor sod. That will help!
That was a game that with a bit of luck we could have won. The early pen that the ref bottled could have made all the difference.
There were lots of times when we were attacking that there was no-one in the box. Is that the kids fault? He didn't have his best game but did Upson? Gave away the penalty and wasn't great with his distribution. Player of the season and I will not criticize him, nor will I criticize a kid making his way in the game.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Caskey orlandi Andrews should not be anywhere near the 1st team

Don't quite agree with that - but the midfield was certainly our weak point tonight. Just a shame Stephens is injured.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
From what I've heard, I wouldn't be so sure of that.

Funny, then, that Agustien had a reputation at Swansea for a less than professional attitude to the game, and a few, shall we say unbecoming habits.

What bad luck eh, that he should turn up here only to find someone thinks the same thing?

Incidentally: whatever you think about JFC's performance last night- and I'm sure he'd concede it wasn't his best- how low would it be to send a tweet to his stepfather essentially telling him Jake was crap? You stay classy, that man.

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
Whilst I agree it wasn't Jake's best game, some of the comments on this thread are just ridiculous!

We've lost Crofts and Bridcutt in midfield, Lopez has been poor, Augustien is out of favour and Stephens was out too tonight. With all of those, I doubt Caskey would start. On top of that, the lad is barely 20, playing in the Championship play offs. I very much doubt Caskey is sitting at home right now thinking 'yeah, I had a game'.

But hey, Brighton fans LOVE a scapegoat.

I think most people blame the manager rather than Caskey who is clearly not ready for the Championship. I wonder how many inwardly (or outwardly) groaned like me when we saw that Caskey and Orlandi were playing. And we were right so why did Oscar get it so wrong? There were alternatives. Lua Lua and Ince were both on the bench as was March and CMS. A little imagination would have seen a side without either Caskey and Orlandi

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
FC playing......Ince and March on the bench ?
CMS ..... On the bench for 80 mins ?

I'm not baying for Oscar to go, just wish he'd use the talents at the club in a more positive way. Their first goal says it all. There we are fannying around making pretty isometric patterns with the ball, give it away and in an instant they have it in our panic stricken penalty area... penalty, and lucky to stay on. We don't need to be poncing around in our own half, get it forward. I do wonder if Oscar feels he needs to play to Leo's capabilities, his doubtless talents not withstanding he's not the quickest forward in the league. I've not given up, we are still in a better position than we were this time last week.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You can't blame JFC for last night.

We largely dominated the game, albeit the first half went away from us a bit.

Was it JFC's fault the ref didn't give us a penalty? Was it JFC's fault we hit the bar? Was it JFC's fault that the ball hit PIG and went in the goal?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
For crying out loud! Are we blaming a kid for tonight? Is he the new Ashley Barnes? Brighton fans always want a whipping boy. I remember Tony Towner getting dogs abuse back in the day. Get off his back. He's a decent player and all you want to do is crucify the poor sod. That will help!
That was a game that with a bit of luck we could have won. The early pen that the ref bottled could have made all the difference.
There were lots of times when we were attacking that there was no-one in the box. Is that the kids fault? He didn't have his best game but did Upson? Gave away the penalty and wasn't great with his distribution. Player of the season and I will not criticize him, nor will I criticize a kid making his way in the game.

I agree with your sentiments, but he's not "just a kid". He's a pro footballer trying to get into the Premier League. He needs to do better. It was like we were playing with 10 men for much of the game.

I think if Buckley hadn't got injured he'd have been off at half time without a question. I'm still baffled as to why they took of Lingard instead of him. Dreadful performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here