Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forget the score

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
**** me I thought I could be black and white, we are clearly a very improved side. To say there has been no improvement and basing this solely on points is plain daft.

Seems to me you have forgotten that the goal of being "clearly a very improved side" is to have more points. The two, being improved and having more points, must go together.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looked fearless, got himself in a good position but ball was headed clear, like I said on match thread, I’d like to see him get a run of games but will GP have the bottle?

Bottle ? Having dropped Duffy and brought Connolly into the team already that’s one thing I’m not doubting he has.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Interesting piece on R5 live this morning where they had CH talking about the Spurs (managerial) position. The hosts later stated that perhaps he (CH) would not have been so cavalier with Man City fixture had he still been in charge at Btn and the result may have been different!....Yeah righto ! probably been battered, defending for our lives with 2 banks of 4 for 90 minutes, never featuring into the Man C half of the pitch. More than happy with the performance yesterday and have high hopes for the future

0-1 last year wasn’t it. And Gross missed a sitter late on

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Interesting piece on R5 live this morning where they had CH talking about the Spurs (managerial) position. The hosts later stated that perhaps he (CH) would not have been so cavalier with Man City fixture had he still been in charge at Btn and the result may have been different!....Yeah righto ! probably been battered, defending for our lives with 2 banks of 4 for 90 minutes, never featuring into the Man C half of the pitch. More than happy with the performance yesterday and have high hopes for the future
If only the Trossard chances had fell to Maupay

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Seems to me you have forgotten that the goal of being "clearly a very improved side" is to have more points. The two, being improved and having more points, must go together.

Not sure what it is your'e not getting, but with play like this the points will come. Nuff said. One thing I am sure about is you will come back with "but points make prizes and we aint got many". That's fine you sit there with your eyes firmly on the points tally and the rest of us will watch the magic unfold

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Not sure what it is your'e not getting, but with play like this the points will come. Nuff said. One thing I am sure about is you will come back with "but points make prizes and we aint got many". That's fine you sit there with your eyes firmly on the points tally and the rest of us will watch the magic unfold

If they are playing that well why aren't the points coming now? We have only played one top six side.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
If they are playing that well why aren't the points coming now? We have only played one top six side.

Oh FFS you are like broken ****ing record. New style, new game plan, going in the right direction, good results on their way. Sorry for some multi syllabic words but hopefully you get it. No more to say as I think you are trolling

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Oh FFS you are like broken ****ing record. New style, new game plan, going in the right direction, good results on their way. Sorry for some multi syllabic words but hopefully you get it. No more to say as I think you are trolling

I don't understand why it's always about being promising and never actually getting results. You say it will happen but that is not for certain..You may see something. I know of a lot of people that don't see "it" with it being the right direction.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
We would IF we were actually that much improved. Would be, could be...................it all means you ain't.

Let's try it this way. I just had a quick look on the pl stats page. Compared to last season our passing accuracy is up, our goals per game is up, shooting accuracy is up. The stat that has me most exited and this is what we have been witness to Big Chances Created has gone from less than one per game to 4. Defensively our tackle success is down slightly but our tackle rate is up. So statistically we are playing objectively better football. We just need to convert this into more points. But if you are playing better then it stands to reason the points will follow, unless of course the other teams have improved to a greater extent, which I don't think is true. It's early days yet, but the writing on the wall looks decent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here