Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forget the score

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola: "The game was tough. The result was 4-0 but the performance not because they did really well.

"Few teams come here to play with this courage. The difference? My players up front are incredibly good and they make the difference."

Yes, and that's the difference. We lack quality offensively.......
We have been hamstrung by poor purchases in this area IMO. Maupay of course still has time on his side.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Looked fearless, got himself in a good position but ball was headed clear, like I said on match thread, I’d like to see him get a run of games but will GP have the bottle?

After today against City it is clear that he definitely has the bottle. There are not many in the side who will just have to turn up to play. This was only our fourth PL game of the season and already we've seen Potter ship out a fan favourite and Locadia. He saw Kayal and Hemed were never going to get a game so they moved on

We just need a bit of good fortune in the goal scoring department...

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Remember all those posts on NSC last season about the importance of goal difference, I guess we don’t have to sit through reading them all again, one positive

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Just watched the press conference with Pep. Time and again he spoke with high praise for how we played, and rightly so. As he said the major difference between the teams was they put away the chances and we didn't, that the scoreline did not represent the game. He pointed out that teams have come there sat deep, booted long balls in hope and still lost 4 zip. I am full of hope for the season, the way Trossard danced around the defence in the fist half, how Montoya and Burn (how was that control to stop Agüero from getting that long high pass, just brilliant) are performing etc. Then we have the likes of Connolly about to step into the squad full time. At the moment we are not getting the ball to Maupay but that will be worked out.The future looks bright.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Remember all those posts on NSC last season about the importance of goal difference, I guess we don’t have to sit through reading them all again, one positive

It’s worth one point over the whole season but it became an obsession in every game

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It was always going to be virtually impossible to get a result today. The performance especially first half was very impressive actually passed through them a few times and looked very good on the counter. With some luck and better finishing we could’ve gone in level. Webster looked decent once he settled in and that run which done for Laporte was great to see. And the reason why we bought him Duffy won’t be back for a while on that showing.

Going forward we were incisive with some lovely one touch passing and switching the play across the field. We will beat a top 6 side away from home this season on this showing. Trossard gets himself into great positions and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet today. I really hope he gets his shooting boots on soon as he could be an absolute steal come the season end. Everyone put in a shift and would be totally unfair to be overly critical of the lads today.

I hope now with another couple of weeks before the next game mr potter can instil further confidence into them and start picking up the points our play deserves.

Not surprised this post has hoovered up lots of likes and indeed we are much easier on the eye.
The crucial point is your last one though.
Potterball has not translated into significantly more points yet.
It may well in the future, but until then we are Fulham.
Popular, praised, not all that many points.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not surprised this post has hoovered up lots of likes and indeed we are much easier on the eye.
Potterball has not translated into more points yet.

???

Watford away : +3 ( points vs last season. )
West Ham home : -2
Southampton home : same
Man City away : same

+1 point over 4 games compared to last season.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Potterball has not translated into more points yet.

I don’t think we are any where near as cavalier as Fulham were. I’d also say that we’ve carved open decent chances and just not taken them. Fulham leaked like a sieve

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
???

Watford away : +3 ( points than last season. )
West Ham home : -2
Southampton home : same
Man City away : same

+1 point over 4 games compared to last season.

True, if you judge it by corresponding games from last season. I’ve stuck in a ‘significantly ‘ !
Watford was a great win. seriously good.
Getting battered by city is standard but We should have taken six points in our two home games. Saints and West Ham were absolutely there for the taking, more so than when we played them last season.
Too soon to say potterball is working

Last edited:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
True, if you judge it by corresponding games from last season. I’ve stuck in a ‘significantly ‘ !
Getting battered by city is standard but We should have taken six points in our two home games. Saints and West Ham were absolutely there for the taking, more so than when we played them last season.

To be fair, Potterball is working as per the reasons he arrived here.

He was brought in to -

Provide better football on the eye.
Have more possession in games
Use more youth players
And we are one point above last seasons comparative games

But despite all that, in the end he will only keep his job if he keeps us up.

We’ve already found our level - 16th

Lose to Burnley and there will be some panic in the ranks, hopefully not in the Boardroom

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia

Oh come on, Saints we were scuppered by a piece of stupidity, we missed some chances with WH. As to City we didn't lose because we were too cavalier, we lost because their forwards a frigging excellent. And to be honest I would rather be relegated playing like this than hanging on by having 10 men permanently stuck in our goal area, boring and embarrassing as ****.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
To be fair, Potterball is working as per the reasons he arrived here.

He was brought in to -

Provide better football on the eye.
Have more possession in games
Use more youth players
And we are one point above last seasons comparative games

But despite all that, in the end he will only keep his job if he keeps us up.

We’ve already found our level - 16th

Lose to Burnley and there will be some panic in the ranks, hopefully not in the Boardroom

I'm not sure that's true. I've seen enough already to suggest that we are definatley on the right track. Its still very early days, but even if we go down, Potter should remain in charge.

Burnley kept faith in Dyche, Newcastle in Benitez, and it paid dividends.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I'm not sure that's true. I've seen enough already to suggest that we are definatley on the right track. Its still very early days, but even if we go down, Potter should remain in charge.

Burnley kept faith in Dyche, Newcastle in Benitez, and it paid dividends.

Sorry, no better than Hughton. We are floating in place, no advancement, no falling back. Be real people!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, no better than Hughton. We are floating in place, no advancement, no falling back. Be real people!

I won’t be that gutted if we go down playing the football I’ve been watching this season. MASSIVE improvement on the style we played last season. It may not be good enough but at least we now look like we belong in this division and it’s entertaining. I’ll leave you fans of “stay up however shit the football is to watch” to do the stressing. I did enough of that last season and it made me angry too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here