Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forget the score

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sorry, no better than Hughton. We are floating in place, no advancement, no falling back. Be real people!
We have 1 point more over the equivalent 4 games last season.

So that extrapolates to a 9 - 10 point gain over the season, which would have been a 13th place finish last year.

Be real!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The real season starts after the international break when we have all finished laughing at Southgate’s pathetic England side. Potter is going to be great I predict after 10 games or so we will be smashing a few teams.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh come on, Saints we were scuppered by a piece of stupidity, we missed some chances with WH. As to City we didn't lose because we were too cavalier, we lost because their forwards a frigging excellent. And to be honest I would rather be relegated playing like this than hanging on by having 10 men permanently stuck in our goal area, boring and embarrassing as ****.

I never thought I'd agree with such a comment, but I do. Partly because I really don't think we will be relegated playing like this (with these players), and partly because I had glossed over how much I didn't enjoy watching us last season, on occasions thinking I'd rather watch it on the box round my mate's house than schlep all the way down to the Amex. This season I am really looking forward to the next game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You do know it's Burnley up next, right?

Yes. I watched them on the telly last night and enjoyed their primitive hoofing style, and their up-and-coming strikeforce of our second and third strikers from ten years ago. I think there is a chance we'll finally rip them the new one they deserve. :lolol: :thumbsup::bigwave:

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Sorry, no better than Hughton. We are floating in place, no advancement, no falling back. Be real people!

Utterly disagree. Way better. We won a few games at the start of last season despite our woeful style, come the Christmas break the truth caught up with us. This time around we are getting points and goals because of our play not in spite of it. Yes we could have had more with WH and certainly SH but at least we deserved to get those points.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Interesting piece on R5 live this morning where they had CH talking about the Spurs (managerial) position. The hosts later stated that perhaps he (CH) would not have been so cavalier with Man City fixture had he still been in charge at Btn and the result may have been different!....Yeah righto ! probably been battered, defending for our lives with 2 banks of 4 for 90 minutes, never featuring into the Man C half of the pitch. More than happy with the performance yesterday and have high hopes for the future

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I never thought I'd agree with such a comment, but I do. Partly because I really don't think we will be relegated playing like this (with these players), and partly because I had glossed over how much I didn't enjoy watching us last season, on occasions thinking I'd rather watch it on the box round my mate's house than schlep all the way down to the Amex. This season I am really looking forward to the next game.

Same. Those, and there are a few on here, who don’t care how shit the football is as long as we win amaze me. I WAS looking for excuses not to go by the end of last season, it was that painful to me. NEVER felt like that schlepping to Gillingham FFS. The joy was squeezed out of the football for me last season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Interesting piece on R5 live this morning where they had CH talking about the Spurs (managerial) position. The hosts later stated that perhaps he (CH) would not have been so cavalier with Man City fixture had he still been in charge at Btn and the result may have been different!....Yeah righto ! probably been battered, defending for our lives with 2 banks of 4 for 90 minutes, never featuring into the Man C half of the pitch. More than happy with the performance yesterday and have high hopes for the future

What a load of crap, when did we ever look like beating Man City when CH was in charge. Of the five games we’ve played against them yesterday was our best performance. I post on another forum and we received a big thumbs up from a City fan about how refreshing it was to see the way Brighton played compared to previous games. He was also convinced we’d stay up comfortably if we keep playing like that. Good to get away from the anti football comments even if we got the same number of points as previous park the bus ones.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What a load of crap, when did we ever look like beating Man City when CH was in charge.

There was those few seconds immediately after Murray scored to put us 1-0 up last season. Y'know, before everyone lined up for kick off and reality set in...

I won’t be that gutted if we go down playing the football I’ve been watching this season. MASSIVE improvement on the style we played last season. It may not be good enough but at least we now look like we belong in this division and it’s entertaining. I’ll leave you fans of “stay up however shit the football is to watch” to do the stressing. I did enough of that last season and it made me angry too.

Your Toto Wolff quote alas is now acting as a satirical commentary on what’s immediately above :)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I won’t be that gutted if we go down playing the football I’ve been watching this season. MASSIVE improvement on the style we played last season. It may not be good enough but at least we now look like we belong in this division and it’s entertaining. I’ll leave you fans of “stay up however shit the football is to watch” to do the stressing. I did enough of that last season and it made me angry too.

That's just insane thinking. You have all forgotten what it is like to play in lower divisions.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
We have 1 point more over the equivalent 4 games last season.

So that extrapolates to a 9 - 10 point gain over the season, which would have been a 13th place finish last year.

Be real!

Be real! One point positive in the last 4 games, one point negative in the next 4 games. Staying in place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here