Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forget Pulis now

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There was a chap from the bookies found through the list on Radio Sussex this morning. He discounted many of the names on the list. He said that Pulis and Palace separated over the playing budget and that Brighton would not tempt him for that same reason. Remember, the bookies list of favourites is decided by people wasting money on ridiculous choices. As we speak Pulis is probably choking on his cornflakes reading that he is joint favourite for a job he wouldn't even get out of bed for. As for Sven, he probably has a ticker tape machine by the bed and when he wakes up each morning he reads the list of 20-30 clubs he has now been linked with managing .

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Agreed. But I think the recruitment structure will deter more than just Pulis. I think this is behind all the managerial problems, departures and acquisitions.

Give the manager full accountability for results, a clear budget with Bloom having final say with players by signing the cheques (or not) and the recruitment structure following the managers lead.

Keep the structure as it is, and I think the short list will be very short (length & quality) with our growing reputation of confused recruitment.

The recruitment structure has deterred a number of decent names in the past. It is of concern that Steve Clarke jumped at Reading like a shot but inside info tells me that he wouldn't have touched us with a bargepole.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
If it gets us out of current mess then who cares.

His record of building competitive squads on limited budgets speak for itself as does his reputation of never being manager of a relegated team.

A work colleague who supports Palarse is absolutely gutted that we might get Pulis. That's enough reason for me to want him alone!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yes, he's willing to listen if approached. Then it will be taken from there.

It was what he said BEFORE that which ruled him out for me.

"Not being disrespectful to anyone. Erm. If I got approached by any club we'd talk and see if we could work something out."

The "not being disrespectful" bit sounded like he was wanting to say "not being rude, but the bottom half of The Championship would not tempt me."

Just reading between the lines, but I think he just took the polite tactful way out of the question, but the answer is, NO!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was what he said BEFORE that which ruled him out for me.

"Not being disrespectful to anyone. Erm. If I got approached by any club we'd talk and see if we could work something out."

The "not being disrespectful" bit sounded like he was wanting to say "not being rude, but the bottom half of The Championship would not tempt me."

Just reading between the lines, but I think he just took the polite tactful way out of the question, but the answer is, NO!

Exactly.

As soon as he said "I'm not being disrespectful..." he was quite obviously going to follow that up with something else along the lines of "but I'm hardly going to waste my time bumbling around at the arse-end of the Championship with a bunch of League One journeymen, deadbeats, cast-offs and loanees now am I. Do you know who I am ?"

Pulis has been a complete non-starter from the off. His stock is FAR higher than the likes of us after the miracle he pulled off with that shambolic mob up the road last season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
From the horses mouth to a mutual friend under our present system Pulis would not entertain us. He wants to stand or fall by his decisions not that of others.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Exactly.

As soon as he said "I'm not being disrespectful..." he was quite obviously going to follow that up with something else along the lines of "but I'm hardly going to waste my time bumbling around at the arse-end of the Championship with a bunch of League One journeymen, deadbeats, cast-offs and loanees now am I. Do you know who I am ?"

Pulis has been a complete non-starter from the off. His stock is FAR higher than the likes of us after the miracle he pulled off with that shambolic mob up the road last season.

Never going to go to Brighton.
Bloom would never pay the money needed, and his record of never been relegated would be under threat.
Houghton would be a more realistic option, although not very inspiring.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
From the horses mouth to a mutual friend under our present system Pulis would not entertain us. He wants to stand or fall by his decisions not that of others.

Also Tony had issues with incorporating towels into the kit for long throws.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Never going to go to Brighton.
Bloom would never pay the money needed, and his record of never been relegated would be under threat.
Houghton would be a more realistic option, although not very inspiring.

Why do so many people keep referring to Chris Hughton as Houghton ? Unless we're talking about Ray.

Anyway, it just goes to show what a shower of shite the bookies odds are when the likes of Pulis and Sven are even MENTIONED, let along being near or at the top. You'd have to be a bona-fide 24 carat DUMBO to waste so much as a quid on either of those getting the job, especially at the ridiculously mingey prices being offered.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Pullis? Why would we want him? Long ball hoof merchant who flies in the face of everything we have set up in the last few years...

This is bollocks, it's a myth made up by Arsenal and their loving media as they were unable to beat Stoke. He may play long-ball if required or get players to break up play and counter-attack with pace.

If Palace weren't able to afford to keep him, or to agree to his transfer demands, I can't imagine any club in The Championship being able to tempt him. Anyway, I still think he will be at Sunderland in January.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Why do so many people keep referring to Chris Hughton as Houghton ? Unless we're talking about Ray.

Anyway, it just goes to show what a shower of shite the bookies odds are when the likes of Pulis and Sven are even MENTIONED, let along being near or at the top. You'd have to be a bona-fide 24 carat DUMBO to waste so much as a quid on either of those getting the job, especially at the ridiculously mingey prices being offered.

Especially as Sven is on a mega bucks deal in the Far East .
Pulis will not rule out talks at Brighton, he'll use that to pressurise some Premier chairmen into action.
I'm sure TB will make the right decision :)

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Says on Argus website pulis willing to talk to Albion. I personally don't think he'll come though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here