Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forfars

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Except that, had that happened, we would never have experienced the delights of Piglet's Pantry. Of course they're not the cheapest, because they're the best! The chicken & chorizo pie I had the after the Bristol City game was luscious, sublime.

87AJBkA.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Except that, had that happened, we would never have experienced the delights of Piglet's Pantry. Of course they're not the cheapest, because they're the best! The chicken & chorizo pie I had the after the Bristol City game was luscious, sublime.

And that was at 10.20pm. No other ground in the country would even contemplate providing that sort of top-quality food, for consumption amid thousands of happy fans long after a night game has finished. The Amex is totally unique. Go anywhere else and you'll be reminded just how lucky we are.

The best piglets offering is well behind the fantastic Cottage Pie at Fulham, and don't get me started on that awful cheese and onion thing

Kellie

Aug 11, 2014
I OFTEN treated MYSELF to a Cream PUFF or a FAIRY Cake from the SHOP in Church Road after I'd been to George Street in a morning

I remember when we were still together and you called round unexpectedly whilst I was still in bed and surprised me with a cream horn.....

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Forfars got squeezed between the supermarket/Greggs cheap offer on the one hand and the artisan bakery revolution on the other. Are some of the shops run independently or by a 3rd party, or will they all close?

They never evolved their offer from the standard doughnuts and cheese straws combo...

PG

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Always sad to see a local company go under because a major chain who has its own TV series has better publicity.

Greggs was also once a local company:

"Greggs was founded by John Gregg as a Tyneside bakery in 1939.It opened its first shop in Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne in 1951.

When John died in 1964, the bakery was taken over by his son, Ian, assisted by his brother, Colin. Major expansion began soon after, including the acquisitions of other bakeries such as Glasgow-based Rutherglen in 1972, Leeds-based Thurston's in 1974, Broomfields the Bakers, London, Bowketts the Bakers in Kent, Tooks the Bakers (East Anglia) and Manchester-based Price's in 1976."

It cant be all Greggs' fault that Forfars didn't evolve over its 197 years!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

And that was at 10.20pm. No other ground in the country would even contemplate providing that sort of top-quality food, for consumption amid thousands of happy fans long after a night game has finished. The Amex is totally unique. Go anywhere else and you'll be reminded just how lucky we are.

Piglets Pies owner or employee by any chance? :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I went against my views and had a steak pie at the PNE game it was ok better than the previous one I had but still nowhere near as good as those from the shop in Baker St. Mind they are not making thousands not sure how the quality would drop if they were.

Jul 7, 2003
Greggs was also once a local company:

"Greggs was founded by John Gregg as a Tyneside bakery in 1939.It opened its first shop in Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne in 1951.

When John died in 1964, the bakery was taken over by his son, Ian, assisted by his brother, Colin. Major expansion began soon after, including the acquisitions of other bakeries such as Glasgow-based Rutherglen in 1972, Leeds-based Thurston's in 1974, Broomfields the Bakers, London, Bowketts the Bakers in Kent, Tooks the Bakers (East Anglia) and Manchester-based Price's in 1976."

It cant be all Greggs' fault that Forfars didn't evolve over its 197 years!

I seem to recall the Forfars took over Pegrums bakery and their shops a few years ago (Arun based bakery). The Broadwater Bakery also shut down when they moved into the same parade of shops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here