Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forfars

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Isnt it a bit petty to not purchase from Forfars off the pure fact that they once sponsored Palace? I think Forfars and Truffles etc are sh!t anyways.

If Barclays or Halifax started sponsoring them would you take all your money out and put it somewhere else?

Yes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Forfars seem to be closing down everywhere and bit by bit the local bakers are going because they cannot compete with the supermarket prices. I like Asda Farmhouse or Tiger loaf at £1 or less so would never pay nearly £2 ata bakers but then wife and I have 2 loaves aweek for sandwiches etc and I thick cheapie from LIDL for toasting. So they wouldnt lose a lot from us. The fresh bread counter at LIDL in Burgess Hill seems to sell well.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Isnt it a bit petty to not purchase from Forfars off the pure fact that they once sponsored Palace? I think Forfars and Truffles etc are sh!t anyways.

If Barclays or Halifax started sponsoring them would you take all your money out and put it somewhere else?

You didn't actually buy that they sponsored the eagle that flies across the Palace pitch and gave him tuna mayo sandwiches did you?

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?30258-Falmer-Lets-Boycott-Forfars

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To be honest I never understood the issue anyway. Forfars have never (or the man who used to run it, you know who I mean) never once PUBLICLY stated that they opposed the stadium

Melanie Cuttress is Chairman of Falmer Parish Council and had a very large hand in their opposition to the stadium. I thought everyone knew that!

This is on their website: "From 2001 to 2007 the village fought a battle to stop Brighton and Hove Albion's proposal to build a football stadium on Village Way North. The battle was lost and planning permission was given. Now the village will face more upheaval and change."

I was hoping that those asking were taking the piss.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I know some of the family that are big Brighton fans so move on!

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
yes it's petty or yes you'd take all your money out.

Yes I'd be petty enough to remove all savings from such an establishment.
As the bank would be making profit from me and spending that on their sponsorship, it would feel to me as I was sponsoring that filth. (In a round about way.)

On a side note, I used to drive 8 miles as opposed to using a Focus that was a couple of hundred yards away.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Melanie Cuttress is Chairman of Falmer Parish Council and had a very large hand in their opposition to the stadium. I thought everyone knew that!

This is on their website: "From 2001 to 2007 the village fought a battle to stop Brighton and Hove Albion's proposal to build a football stadium on Village Way North. The battle was lost and planning permission was given. Now the village will face more upheaval and change."

I was hoping that those asking were taking the piss.
That'll be the same Parish council who said to Martin Perry:-

'No we wont oppose the hotel plans, but we would like it if that building didn't interfere with our view of the stadium'.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
As some on here will know I work for Forfars and have done for the last 12 years or so. People saying they will continue the boycott is pointless, as has already been said the Cutress familly (whom I know personally) no longer own or have any association with Forfars, when they left the new people re located the HQ to newhaven!

Thanks for the update. That would change my wish to shop there now, if they had anything I could eat, which I'm pretty sure they don't as I'm a Coeliac! Or do you now stock gluten free cakes/bread? May as well turn the thread into an advert for your employer!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
.....national competitors employing local staff who possibly also support the Albion.

Keep the boycott going I reckon although it would be intriguing to see what would happen if they offered a cut price deal to the club's caterers (whether or not the contract allows the club to veto individual products?). ???
Forfars have supplied the club in the past, certainly in first two seasons at Amex. Not sure if they still do

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I had a cheese and salad roll from the Boundary Road- Portslade branch a few days ago totally unaware of the link! Now I am riddled with guilt. Could be a sleepless night ahead...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As some on here will know I work for Forfars and have done for the last 12 years or so. People saying they will continue the boycott is pointless, as has already been said the Cutress familly (whom I know personally) no longer own or have any association with Forfars, when they left the new people re located the HQ to newhaven!

To be honest I never understood the issue anyway. Forfars have never (or the man who used to run it, you know who I mean) never once PUBLICLY stated that they opposed the stadium

The Cutress family must have been struggling to keep the company afloat for a long time. I looked at their balance sheet a few years back and all was not well. I understand that some shops have closed now. I hope the group survive. It's a huge struggle against the larger franchises nowadays, and Forfars was a truly local outlet.

I did hear that Greggs had made an aggressive offer take over the shops at one stage, and it was resisted. This was followed by the London Road bully tactics. I don't know how true that was. Good luck to you all there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Forfars had the bare-faced CHEEK to put cupcakes with little Albion shirts on display in their Southwick branch during the HEIGHT of the war for Falmer.

I put a wheelie bin through their front window and set fire to a dog.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Forfars had the bare-faced CHEEK to put cupcakes with little Albion shirts on display in their Southwick branch during the HEIGHT of the war for Falmer.

I put a wheelie bin through their front window and set fire to a dog.

Marvellous scenes. That is a level of passion and loyalty I feel we need at the club right now. You should be manager, because if your passion didn't inspire me, your actions would terrify me into doing pretty much whatever.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Forfars liquidated

Stopped off for a bacon roll at their Church Road branch on way to the office yesterday and noticed that it was closed with no explanation on window.

Then I read on the Argus website this morning that Forfars has closed with immediate effect.

An incredible demise given that it is going straight to liquidation. Must have been in a pretty bad way when the Cuttress family sold it . Maybe they should have concentrated on their business rather than a futile NIMBY stadium battle. Sorry for those who have lost their jobs.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/13903904.Forfars_close_four_shops_as_bakery_goes_into_liquidation/

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here