Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forfars

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It takes about 2 mins to make a couple of sandwiches. Quicker than it takes to go into a shop and buy one. You could save yourself £1000 a year.

How will he save £1000 a year!?

Assuming 365 days, minus 110 for weekends and bank holidays, minus 20 holidays, that's 235 working days.

If he makes them at home he's still got to BUY bread and fillings - let's go for a conservative £1 a day.

He'd need to be currently spending £5.25 on his daily non-Forfars sandwich, to make your proposed saving.

Sorry, your figures don't add up. For that reason, I'm out.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You're probably removing money from a lot of Albion fans who work for them and giving it to a national competitor. But they are a bit overpriced.

Struggling in recent times, with the onset of Greggs and others. The Cutress family have poured a lot of their own capital into the business. Good employer, my other half worked for them. Had about 180 staff, and didn't want to put folk out of work. I suspect is has had to happen, mind. I have no beef with people just because they opposed the AMEX. Old Sussex firm trying to hold out against the big cheeses.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
They used to sponsor & supply the eagle that flies across the Selhurst pitch with his favourite lunch Tuna sandwich on white

cheers!! spat my tea all over my desk laughing!! had to log in just to thumbs up! although I hear he has switched to Wholemeal after putting on a few pounds

33x96pu.jpg

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
They do a very nice Cheese Straw I'll say that.

Disclaimer:
I never went in, the wife did. But the shop in Burgess Hill has gone now anyway.

Their cheese straws were lush, best anywhere. Cheese & Onion pasties weren't shabby either. Gutted the BH shop closed as that was my pre-match lunch!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
They do a very nice Cheese Straw I'll say that.

Disclaimer:
I never went in, the wife did. But the shop in Burgess Hill has gone now anyway.

Yes, and unfortunately Truffles is closing next month so we're left with Greggs :-
I won't be giving them my custom.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014

Assuming 365 days, minus 110 for weekends and bank holidays, minus 20 holidays, that's 235 working days.

If he makes them at home he's still got to BUY bread and fillings - let's go for a conservative £1 a day.

He'd need to be currently spending £5.25 on his daily non-Forfars sandwich, to make your proposed saving.

He might do a lot of overtime, doing 15 hours a day with no time off for bank holidays etc. You can buy bread for virtually nothing, if you know when to shop in supermarkets.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Their cheese straws were lush, best anywhere. Cheese & Onion pasties weren't shabby either. Gutted the BH shop closed as that was my pre-match lunch!

Mine too!, I would regularly pop into their Imperial Arcade outlet whilst changing buses en route to the Amex for a tasty sausage roll or two.

Love the Imperial Arcade, dark and dingy, ideal for my nefarious activities.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't know the deal with Forfars either, but I used to play rugby with one of the family, and he was a top bloke :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Big loss to Burgess Hill for me, their cheese straws were smashing, fresh and warm from the shop, mostly finished before I got to the car park. Truffles were nowhere near the same standard.........and Greggs can do one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just parked my van to grab some lunch (as I do most days) - Rustington today. Parked right outside a Forfars but still found myself walking further down to purchase my lunchtime pastie from one of their competitors.
Silly I know but I still can't bring myself to use them even after all these years as I don't like to put money in that Cuttress woman's coffers.
Am I being petty and should I move on?
It got me thinking that even if I was to only use them once or twice a month for my lunch that's £6-7 or £75 a year. Over the last 10 years they have missed out on £750 from me alone so how many other Albion fans do the same and how much has it cost them?

If you went to Greggs then more fool you.

If you went to Turners then why didn't you go there in the first place?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Clearly does not understand about (Apple) Turnover

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
If you went to Greggs then more fool you.

If you went to Turners then why didn't you go there in the first place?
As I said previously, didn't go to Greggs but yes I did in fact go to Turners and had a nice pastie.
(And it wasn't "in the first place" because, as per the thread, Forfars wasn't an option for me)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Cheese and bacon turnover + Red Bull = BOOM.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Isnt it a bit petty to not purchase from Forfars off the pure fact that they once sponsored Palace? I think Forfars and Truffles etc are sh!t anyways.

If Barclays or Halifax started sponsoring them would you take all your money out and put it somewhere else?

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
As some on here will know I work for Forfars and have done for the last 12 years or so. People saying they will continue the boycott is pointless, as has already been said the Cutress familly (whom I know personally) no longer own or have any association with Forfars, when they left the new people re located the HQ to newhaven!

To be honest I never understood the issue anyway. Forfars have never (or the man who used to run it, you know who I mean) never once PUBLICLY stated that they opposed the stadium

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here