Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forest Away

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The hotel we stayed in last year just outside the city but on the tram line in has gone from £45 per night last game to £105 (no breakfast) this time…. Will be a day trip for us this time….. what justifies such an increase for a room with a bed in it? Nothing special just a pub chain hotel.
Simple demand probably...... :shrug:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
How much notice do the railway unions have to give to call a strike?

Is it six? If so that means they can't strike for Forest away right?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I’m sure the blanked out block will also come up at some point, which is about another 580. Hopefully, for all those MA+ hoping to get on the road.

I'm not sure there's enough demand for that block to open, certainly not all of it. This hasn't been a quick seller and with 560+ tickets remaining, I think there'll be over 100 of those left for Tuesday

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
2 weeks sadly.
I'll be expecting them to save up the next strike for around Christmas to f*** up people's Xmas shopping / panto trips / office parties as that's how they seem to be playing it. If I had money to bet on it, I'd say Forest will probably be ok but those London games could all be ballaches.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I'll be expecting them to save up the next strike for around Christmas to f*** up people's Xmas shopping / panto trips / office parties as that's how they seem to be playing it. If I had money to bet on it, I'd say Forest will probably be ok but those London games could all be ballaches.
Agreed. Although interested to see if they announce 4th November to f*** up a few bonfire nights

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don’t think so I called them and they had 20 empty rooms out of 25 for that weekend.
Yeah but they'll be charging what they think they can get......also wasn't the last game midweek ? Weekend rates almost always higher. TBH getting any half-decent city centre room for around £100 is about par in my experience (I'm paying more than that in Manchester on Saturday for a bog-standard room and it's miles out of the city (East of the Etihad)

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Yeah but they'll be charging what they think they can get......also wasn't the last game midweek ? Weekend rates almost always higher. TBH getting any half-decent city centre room for around £100 is about par in my experience (I'm paying more than that in Manchester on Saturday for a bog-standard room and it's miles out of the city (East of the Etihad)
It’s not city centre it at the end of the tram line north in Nottingham just a plain old pub hotel ( Greene king)

Last year we stayed at Travel lodge Macclesfield for the city game £40 this year they are asking £80 but we are still away until late tomorrow so giving it a miss.

All rooms seem to be going up at a ridiculous rate.

Jimmy Grimble

Bollocks! And thank you.

Next question, would the insurance they try and upsell you every time you buy any tickets these days cover you in the case of a train strike?
I’ve got refunds for trains for Wolves away (last year) and Villa away without buying that insurance.

I think if train strikes affect your ability to get the train, it means you get a refund.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
The hotel we stayed in last year just outside the city but on the tram line in has gone from £45 per night last game to £105 (no breakfast) this time…. Will be a day trip for us this time….. what justifies such an increase for a room with a bed in it? Nothing special just a pub chain hotel.
Yep hotels are pricey, seems to be as Pete Tong is playing the Motorpoint Arena

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I’ve got refunds for trains for Wolves away (last year) and Villa away without buying that insurance.

I think if train strikes affect your ability to get the train, it means you get a refund.
Cheers.

I've bought it now for both the train ticket and the match ticket. Sounds like I've probably wasted a couple of quid but hey ho.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I can’t believe the cost of the train for this. It should not be possible in a supposedly first world country for a car to be the cheaper and quicker option than the train, but it is.
Rishi Sunak working his magic :)

(incidentally, I worked out it was probably going to cost me around £60 in petrol (round trip, from Somerset), and the train fare was £62 (Bath to Nottingham, with a senior railcard). I've opted for the train as at least I can relax, read a book, or something. Plus....it makes sense environmentally).

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm not sure there's enough demand for that block to open, certainly not all of it. This hasn't been a quick seller and with 560+ tickets remaining, I think there'll be over 100 of those left for Tuesday
I'm hopeful it will.. I'm holding off as want a member to join us. We took the upper tier at Everton and I don't think that sold much quicker than this. It's still over a month away and not even on sale to all season ticket holders yet.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'm hopeful it will.. I'm holding off as want a member to join us. We took the upper tier at Everton and I don't think that sold much quicker than this. It's still over a month away and not even on sale to all season ticket holders yet.

There are still 500+ unsold in that upper tier for Everton. I don't know how the finances work (i.e. do the Albion have to pay for the whole block?) - but, the club might well be more cautious about over-committing for Forest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here