Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

football rumours

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
superbez: Yes but it is amusing and gives room for discussion. Also I dont think the division we are in will make a great deal of difference to those 3 as we will either be in the Prem or aiming to get there automatic next season.

Well, I think you are underestimating the value of being a Premier League chaser and a Premier League side.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not really because they are both Premier quality players who were prepared to come to play for a successful side week in week out, why should next season be any different for them.

They are being paid handsomely with us paying just a small proportion of their wages. Both would be taking a massive pay cut to play for us again. They may be enjoying themselves, but I am sure there will be many willing suitors to pay more than £10k/£15k a week for either of them. They might reminisce on a great season with Brighton, but it doesn't mean they love us!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that they would both rather get a 2 or 3 year contract at £15k a week than a 1 yr at £20k or even £25k which they could expect from a Prem side.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm sure I've heard something about Bridgey being very happy here and prepared to take a 2/3rds pay cut. Put's him on about £30k a week.....seems fair given his role this season. I'd offer him a 2 year deal (or a 1+1 deal) with a coaching role personally.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There isnt a club in the world who will offer him anything like that wage of 90k per week again at this stage in his career. He negotiated that at the height of his career, when an England squad player. I would think the most he could expect is £25k for a 1 yr contract.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'm sure I've heard something about Bridgey being very happy here and prepared to take a 2/3rds pay cut. Put's him on about £30k a week.....seems fair given his role this season. I'd offer him a 2 year deal (or a 1+1 deal) with a coaching role personally.

That's exactly what I'd expect. Though he'll get much better offers elsewhere and may be pulled in a different direction by the Mrs-to-be. Fingers crossed not though.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
That's exactly what I'd expect. Though he'll get much better offers elsewhere and may be pulled in a different direction by the Mrs-to-be. Fingers crossed not though.

He's got a season at top level left in him, 2 in the Championship. Upson.......ermmmmm......Immense now, but I can't see him being top flight again in all honesty.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He's got a season at top level left in him, 2 in the Championship. Upson.......ermmmmm......Immense now, but I can't see him being top flight again in all honesty.

I don't think the Aston Villa's and Sunderland'sof this world are much better than the Leicester's.
If he can do it at the top of the Champ, why not the bottom of the Prem?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Correct. Had a cack season in a mediocre team and looked a waste of space against us.

I thought that he was their best player when they played at The Amex although he came on late in the game he made the difference for them. Whether he is better than we have already I am not sure, but would add depth to our midfield squad as an alternative and certainly better than Dicker as a player to bring on to influence a game.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I don't think the Aston Villa's and Sunderland'sof this world are much better than the Leicester's.
If he can do it at the top of the Champ, why not the bottom of the Prem?

I'm not so sure. Benteke, Weimann and Agbonalahor or Nugent, Wood and Vardy?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Juan Forlin defensive midfielder from Espanyol or Manuel Ortiz Toribio defender from Osasuna I have never heard of either but then they have probably never heard of me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here