Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League To Be Renamed

The point of a logo is to assist in "brand recognition". The current Football League logo achieves this by including the words "THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE". The new logo merely states "EFL". This achieves only uncertainty as to what the logo is trying to say.

On the other hand ... the load of balls that makes up the rest of the image conveys something very clear.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I always find it funny how some mugs still call the Premier League the 'Premiership'. That name was dropped in 2007 but is (rather embarrassingly) still regularly used.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I always find it funny how some mugs still call the Premier League the 'Premiership'. That name was dropped in 2007 but is (rather embarrassingly) still regularly used.

The real mugs, of course, are the ones who fannied about changing the name in the first place,

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The logo's fine and makes perfect sense: 72 dots = 72 teams, 3 stripes = 3 divisions, blue and white = England. That's fine, but the name is disappointing because there are Welsh clubs in it.

Perhaps they should have called it the Anglo-Welsh Football United League or, simply, A.W.F.U.L?

Since when has blue and white represented England? The Scottish are blue and white, surely. Our flag is RED and white.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Dear Football League

What a dreadful waste of money whatever it is you have paid the marketing agency for this.
I never want to hear how much this cost you to try and imitate the money mad Premier League.

Your current logo is unmistakably the English Football League.
Your new corporate logo could be the NFL, but is most commonly known across the world by the acronym that stands for English as a Foreign Language.

I used to work for Royal Mail. For a year they changed the name to Consignia at a cost of £40 million.
They changed it back and wrote off the loss within a year, because they realised that Royal Mail described the business and its proud heritage, whereas Consignia only meant anything to the marketing agency who designed it.

Your priorities ought to be the management of the business, not the logo.
Deal with the rogue owners of your membership clubs (Leeds, Birmingham, et al)
Implement the financial fair play rules as they were originally drawn up instead of bowing to the people who don't want to play along.

I am proud to support a Football League Club. The football league is as poorly managed as the days of Graham Kelly and the committees of the 1990s

I will let you know if i get a reply

I did promise to share their response:

Thank you for your email and feedback.

At present we can only direct you to our 'Football League re-brand explained' article which may help in providing some more background to the change.

That can be viewed here http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-re-brand-explained-2798780.aspx.

Thank you for contacting The Football League.

Regards,

Jessica Crook
Customer Services Department
The Football League Limited
www.football-league.co.uk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here