Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League To Be Renamed

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Perhaps Cardiff Newport and if they get relegated Swansea will pull out and become big guns in the Welsh League

Amazing to relate, I don't think that seems likely :ffsparr:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
What sort of bunch of fuc*kwits does it take to make a stupid decision like that? It didn't need changing; just some twats wanting to 'make their mark'.

A terrible example of management corporate logic - 'We changed something and it worked out well; therefore, ALL change is good; therefore, EVERYTHING must be changed, and we must be seen to be changing it.'

uktv-paterson-joseph-johnson-peep-show.jpg

"In, fire 30% of the workforce, new logo, boom! Out. You are now a fully trained management consultant."

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I'm with you - complete waste of time. Are Sky Sports, BBC, Channel 5 et al really going to say "now the English Football League stories / results / tables" etc..... like we've all forgotten which country we are living in, (except the Welsh). FIFA get really pissed off because the English FA is simply The FA, The Open doesn't need qualification as a remarkable golf tournament, and I know what the Football League is - and has been for 127 years. Whoever Shaun Harvey is will be forgotten in a few short years and someone sensible will reclaim the wonderful tradition of The Football League - the original.

What sort of bunch of fuc*kwits does it take to make a stupid decision like that? It didn't need changing; just some twats wanting to 'make their mark'.

A terrible example of management corporate logic - 'We changed something and it worked out well; therefore, ALL change is good; therefore, EVERYTHING must be changed, and we must be seen to be changing it.'

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Next thing, they'll re-brand postage stamps and put "Great Britain" under the Queen's head.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So nothing counts before 2015. Great. Just as we were Ready to celebrate footballs 25th anniversary. Following the 1993 reset. The Club will need to do new merchandise...Since 2015, the 2015 club etc or there's going to be Chaos. How will fans new to the game from 2015 cope when those new to the game since 1993 still haven't heard of Liverpool let alone Spurs or Huddersfield. What if someone tells them football existed before this? Has anyone thought this through? Or will pre 2015 be added to the school curriculum as pre 1993 should be (still being debated I believe)? Clearly no one in authority has considered this properly. FFS, it's Iraq all over again. No after the main event planning. Innit going to stand for it. I'm going to tell people what really happened. That football as a sport existed before all the rebranding. That Brighton got to a cup final. That they played in the then Premier League. I've got the evidence. Tim Carders book and everything. Screw you Club 2015, THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pub quiz 2067.

What current English Premier League team (and multiple Champions of Europe) was the last team to win the EFL before it was renamed in 2016..........????

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So nothing counts before 2015. Great. Just as we were Ready to celebrate footballs 25th anniversary. Following the 1993 reset. The Club will need to do new merchandise...Since 2015, the 2015 club etc or there's going to be Chaos. How will fans new to the game from 2015 cope when those new to the game since 1993 still haven't heard of Liverpool let alone Spurs or Huddersfield. What if someone tells them football existed before this? Has anyone thought this through? Or will pre 2015 be added to the school curriculum as pre 1993 should be (still being debated I believe)? Clearly no one in authority has considered this properly. FFS, it's Iraq all over again. No after the main event planning. Innit going to stand for it. I'm going to tell people what really happened. That football as a sport existed before all the rebranding. That Brighton got to a cup final. That they played in the then Premier League. I've got the evidence. Tim Carders book and everything. Screw you Club 2015, THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!

Splendid rant, Sir!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Shirley it's just been done to make it more appealing to johnny foreigner ??? Everyone love a TLA innit :moo:
The real c*nts are the FA , namely that pompey taig Graham Kelly.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Dear Football League

What a dreadful waste of money whatever it is you have paid the marketing agency for this.
I never want to hear how much this cost you to try and imitate the money mad Premier League.

Your current logo is unmistakably the English Football League.
Your new corporate logo could be the NFL, but is most commonly known across the world by the acronym that stands for English as a Foreign Language.

I used to work for Royal Mail. For a year they changed the name to Consignia at a cost of £40 million.
They changed it back and wrote off the loss within a year, because they realised that Royal Mail described the business and its proud heritage, whereas Consignia only meant anything to the marketing agency who designed it.

Your priorities ought to be the management of the business, not the logo.
Deal with the rogue owners of your membership clubs (Leeds, Birmingham, et al)
Implement the financial fair play rules as they were originally drawn up instead of bowing to the people who don't want to play along.

I am proud to support a Football League Club. The football league is as poorly managed as the days of Graham Kelly and the committees of the 1990s

I will let you know if i get a reply

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here