Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Show - Still no credit!

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
But that's exactly what we are - consistent. Six of our seven wins were by a single goal. Games could have easily gone another way (Carlisle, Oldham and yesterday being examples) but they didn't. Instead, while others have their slip-ups, we just march on relentlesly. That's what makes us league leaders and champions - at the business end of the season we just keep on doing the business.

Exactly right. I was saying to my son yesterday that the difference between us and Southampton or Huddersfield, is that games like yesterday when they would only have got a draw, we have the belief to get a win. We have good players but it is much more about the team then any individuals.

D

Deleted member 18477

can't say i'm a massive fan of the football league show anyway. it had to do this season as its the only highlights show that shows our league. Next season (touch wood) - Goals on sunday! 11am sky sports with good old chris kamara!! they show the championship games and have more of a laugh and talk more sense. + they show the prem as well if you miss MOTD.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Just watched it and, to be fair, I don't think they said much wrong. MK Dons beat us when we were playing averagely, so his opinions are bound to be tinted by that. And to be honest, we're not playing our best football ATM, compared to the flairtastic drubbings we were giving teams earlier in the season.

They said we were consistent, which is true; not playing our best football, true; but we're still winning, true again!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That was a ridiculous statement. Karl Robinson thinks he can judge a team on the one game we played at his club, and ignore the fact that up until now we've easily been the best club in the division. Does he not realise that we just didn't play well that day?

Paul Hart has seen us play twice in the last 6 days, because, like a lot of managers, he did research on us before he played us. I find it hard to believe Karl Robinson has only ever seen us play when we faced them.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
While it's true that our last 7 games have seen a lot of one goal victories, we do have the best goal difference in the league, so it's not like we've always been winning by a single goal.
Exactly, over the last month we've not been playing as well as we can, but we have kept winning and by and large deserved our wins.
We are the most consistent team, that doesn't mean we're not also the best team. We're both.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
What made it for me was Karl trying to explain how they failed to beat Walsall shortly after Claridge had explained how we just "get results"

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Just watched it and, to be fair, I don't think they said much wrong. MK Dons beat us when we were playing averagely, so his opinions are bound to be tinted by that. And to be honest, we're not playing our best football ATM, compared to the flairtastic drubbings we were giving teams earlier in the season.

They said we were consistent, which is true; not playing our best football, true; but we're still winning, true again!

agree with the above and what was said Football League Show, at least we get some coverage, the coverage with newspapers and size etc is good too compared to last year when Brighton coverage you could put on a first class stamp, this year we even had nearly half a page :)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Got nothing against the show (apart from the txt bit but sky+ saves the day there) but Karl Robinson pissed me off. Would it have killed him to say yeah they are the best team in the league just look at the table, thought he would be better than that.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
I think we're not getting the full tv coverage because we've been up the top for so long, there just jealous.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
This is the same Karl Robinson people on here were praising a few days ago after their televised game with Peterborough, when asked if they were the best side in the league, said, "No, that would have to be Brighton"?

FFS, what's with the constant need of praise? We are pretty much always the first game shown, and they usually always have a small chat about us. A lot of sides get far, far less of a mention than we do. Also, wouldn't it be a tad boring if they creamed themselves over us every week? Everyone knows we're good, they don't need Steve Claridge to inform them of that!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be fair, The Football League Show people were probably pretty miffed that their 'Tiring Brighton run out of steam as they are finally sussed by the rest of League 1' article (which they prepared over the Christmas holidays, with some brilliant quips, quotes and repartee) had to be put on hold for yet another week.......................

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

this,this a million times this.

garethlewes

Nov 9, 2010
Does it really matter, if you go to the game then you don't really need to watch it again anyway. Why do people get so irate, do you think Chesterfield are moaning as much, all they ever get is the usual league 2 round up. Being 13 points clear means there isn't as much to talk about as we cant drop a place if we loose or draw a match so there isn't a headline they can have of 'BHA loose ground' or 'BHA drop to second'. This means they wont always put the highlights on first or for the longest but seeing as the BBC pay for the highlights surely its their choice not ours.

garethlewes

Nov 9, 2010
This is the same Karl Robinson people on here were praising a few days ago after their televised game with Peterborough, when asked if they were the best side in the league, said, "No, that would have to be Brighton"?

FFS, what's with the constant need of praise? We are pretty much always the first game shown, and they usually always have a small chat about us. A lot of sides get far, far less of a mention than we do. Also, wouldn't it be a tad boring if they creamed themselves over us every week? Everyone knows we're good, they don't need Steve Claridge to inform them of that!

THIS!!! Why do people need us to be praised the club, players and management probably want recognition from themselves and league position as highlights don't equal promotion. The biggest recognition the club can get is the big fat (kind of on the small side) L1 champions trophy. This time last week people were saying how good the piece about the Amex was on late kick-off, which is a local spin off of the football league show.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Franchise manager irked me somewhat to be honest. Along with the comments about how teams don't like playing at Withdean because it is awful, yet we play there 23 times in a season...we will struggle in the Amex because it is nice?

Thats not what he said..... he said that the Withdean factor want really an issue for players (good) and that player will love going to Falmer (also true)

Karl i manager of a rival club and in his position it pays to be diplomatic and he was... he was nowhere near as blinkered a Adkins is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here