Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Show - Still no credit!

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
Unbelievable not more then two minutes of us on tv.

And still...were not the best team apparently but only the most consistent, 80 points with games in hand.

Seven wins on the trot...sake.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
No problem - we're just a pikey hick town club in Div 1 punching above our weight and by no means deserve any coverage whatsoever desite being ONLY thirteen points clear with a depressing TWO games in hand, but hey ho, each to their own as they
Surely it's only a matter of time before we all refuse to pay our dues to the shite BBC and just go elsewhere

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We should have bombarded them with texts but they didn't have them tonight (why do they drop this feature when Championship clubs aren't playing?)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Does it really matter ? The dumber opposition fans will always use this rather than accept that we are the best team in the league. not worth worrying about.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Most showed team on FL show = Promotion. No.

I'll take the points thanks.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Are we still getting no love from The Football League Show? :cry:

Makes you wonder whether winning League One is really worth it. :drunk:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
"There are a number of teams in this league who are just as good as them". Of couse there are Karl Robinson, of course there are. You keep telling yourself that Karl...seven wins on the trot whilst you're drawing at home to Walsall on the back of a dodgy penalty. That's why you're staying down.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon the show is keeping its powder dry and preparing to do a huge production number on us in a few weeks. Probably the Southampton game.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I think they made a fair point, which was we havent played particularly well, but have continued to win games.

Doesnt seem unreasonable ?

The Media also love a 'story', but there is no 'story' in us anymore as we are 13 points clear.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Fcuk the media, Fcuk the Karl Robinsons, Paul Ince and Nigel Arrogant Adkins.

We dont need their approval, respect or pat on the back.

What Poyet has done in 12 months with no BIG signings coming in is nothing shy of amazing......we dont need to be told that week after week.

Although It is a bit of a non story us now walking the league, I do feel were being mugged off week after week, but who cares....WE ARE GOING UP!!!!

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Its funny, if this was Mourinho at Chelsea a few years back on a run like us. They'd be labelled unstoppable, not, just the most consistent.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
They really don't rate us do they? I got the feeling that the presenter was trying to get Robinson and Claridge to say on screen what they had clearly said off it - something along the lines that there are much better teams but we just happen to get lucky every week. We seem to be becoming the new Leeds (fans who were around in the late 60's/early 70's will know what I mean) butif Gus is a fraction as successful as Don Revie I'll take it. He is certainly more entertaining

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Who cares really the facts speak for themselves

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
But that's exactly what we are - consistent. Six of our seven wins were by a single goal. Games could have easily gone another way (Carlisle, Oldham and yesterday being examples) but they didn't. Instead, while others have their slip-ups, we just march on relentlesly. That's what makes us league leaders and champions - at the business end of the season we just keep on doing the business.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think they made a fair point, which was we havent played particularly well, but have continued to win games.

However when Man U do this, as they have for a large part of the season they talk about how good teams can play badly and still win games and do not suggest that there are better teams 13 points below them..

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I watch it to see the goals from League 1, then delete it from the Sky box. Dint give a f*** what the presenters say.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I like the fact that there are lots of teams as good as us in league 1,
and that we won't be able to play our style of football at a higher level
and that the best anyone can say about us is that we are consistent

The fact that we are 13 points clear mainly through luck makes the gap all the sweeter :wink:

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Who cares what they say, or dont say! We're class, the league table doesn't lie. Not playing well and still winning thats because we're good!
Anyway don't listen to them idiots on there, obviously Gus is a class above that show as he gets on MOTD!

I'm actually pleased that these 'ex-berts' still don't have us on their radar.

Our team were motivated even more to beat Swin-done yesterday by something their manager had said. Gus got quietly on with winning, and perspectives are going to have to be adjusted in big style if we win the league and esp. by bagloads of points.

The diff between ManU that everyone respects, is that they can be streets ahead and not lose track of the intent to still win and play great football - which they do. As opposed to sides who might be running away with their league then lose interest against a bottom-dredging lot.

But for our lads, the motivation is there to be essential members of a Championship Division side next season. If I were a player, that would be enough to spur me on to play the best anyway.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here