Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I watched most of that first half and I'm not sure he even touched the ball. He did stand on the right back's foot causing the chap to wince in pain but the ball had gone by that point.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
https://en.as.com/en/2019/10/21/football/1571664819_762099.html

An interview with the man himself, 21 Oct, after he had scored a couple of goals (i.e. before last night's drubbing). On his time at Brighton:-

You have been loaned out to Galatasaray by Brighton and Hove Albion and, from what I've read in the press, you don't want to go back...

I was misquoted - I'd like to clear things up. The season I spent there didn't turn out as I had hoped. I felt that they didn't have much faith in me - I wasn't in the starting line-up for more than two games running. I'm not asking or expecting to play every game, because I'm not a football superstar, but I only want regular playing time. I began to doubt myself, to question my own capabilities, and if I was really at the level required for the Premier League… I felt quite dejected. It's not that I don't want to go back, I have great respect for Brighton, they signed me on a six-year deal and they're worried about me. I just want to feel like a footballer. That begins with getting myself back to my best and being happy.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
https://en.as.com/en/2019/10/21/football/1571664819_762099.html

An interview with the man himself, 21 Oct, after he had scored a couple of goals (i.e. before last night's drubbing). On his time at Brighton:-

You have been loaned out to Galatasaray by Brighton and Hove Albion and, from what I've read in the press, you don't want to go back...

I was misquoted - I'd like to clear things up. The season I spent there didn't turn out as I had hoped. I felt that they didn't have much faith in me - I wasn't in the starting line-up for more than two games running. I'm not asking or expecting to play every game, because I'm not a football superstar, but I only want regular playing time. I began to doubt myself, to question my own capabilities, and if I was really at the level required for the Premier League… I felt quite dejected. It's not that I don't want to go back, I have great respect for Brighton, they signed me on a six-year deal and they're worried about me. I just want to feel like a footballer. That begins with getting myself back to my best and being happy.

Personally, compared to Locadia, Andone can actually play, his problems seem more disciplinary and attitude than ability. I think he could still offer something if he can sort his behaviour out and at 5 million he was good value. Unfortunately Locadia is just $hit, not good enough for the PL and the club will likely lose a lot of money on him :-(

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Allegedly we have turned down a €5 million bid for him to sign permanently for Galatasaray in January.

I suspect that if they match what we paid for Florin, he'll be gone.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Personally, compared to Locadia, Andone can actually play, his problems seem more disciplinary and attitude than ability. I think he could still offer something if he can sort his behaviour out and at 5 million he was good value. Unfortunately Locadia is just $hit, not good enough for the PL and the club will likely lose a lot of money on him :-(
Yeah he's definitely a half decent player when the red mist doesn't descend. Rumour is that he is a bit of a dickhead though isn't it?

Part of me wonders whether this newspaper quote has surfaced after the staff and players at Galatasary have decided he's a bit of a nob too.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Allegedly we have turned down a €5 million bid for him to sign permanently for Galatasaray in January.

I suspect that if they match what we paid for Florin, he'll be gone.

Big If, that if this turns out to be true, i'm interested in how the club handle this situation. Ie will they be prepared to sell him for what is surely well below his market value to get him off the books.

This has implications for how we would treat other our underperforming players. Take a hit and let them go or play hardball and risk keeping unhappy players and upsetting the squad.

A total guess here. TB has no intention of selling Andone for 6m euros. He's looking for twice that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Out for the season (likely) with ruptured knee ligaments

“Brighton forward Florin Andone will undergo surgery after damaging the ligaments in his right knee, while on loan at Galatasaray.

The Super Lig club say the 26-year-old has ruptured the inner lateral ligament and partially damaged the anterior cruciate ligament.

Andone, who is likely to miss the rest of the season, moved to Istanbul on a season-long loan from the Seagulls in August.”

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh well, that's his January fee ruined.

I guess we'll see him in an albion shirt again in pre-season 2020.

Do Galatasaray still pay his wages for the season ?

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We might see Andone in an Albion shirt again then. Didn't Potter say he didn't want him to go but it was his decision ?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So, I guess he's coming back to Brighton for his recovery?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
May of been a bad egg but wouldn't wish that injury on him. He's still a Brighton player.

Reckon we will still see him turn out for us again.

Wish him well on his recovery

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So, I guess he's coming back to Brighton for his recovery?

An interesting one. Rumours were he did not settle or particularly like living here but it is our duty to rehabilitate him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
An interesting one. Rumours were he did not settle or particularly like living here but it is our duty to rehabilitate him.

Rumours were also that the rest team didn't get on with him weren't they ? Interesting (if so) to see how he fits back in to the group during his recovery. I guess he won't be kicking Bernardo back for a while.

Hope he recovers well - nasty injury

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Blue Valkyūrie;9133934 said:
Oh well, that's his January fee ruined.

I guess we'll see him in an albion shirt again in pre-season 2020.

Do Galatasaray still pay his wages for the season ?

I would imagine isurance will kick in to cover player wages when injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here