Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone just tweeted training pics of himself

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Last edited:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Andone played under a manager that played 11 in defence and had 6 defenders on the bench. But he still scored goals. Maupay misses between 1 to 4 chances every game. Give the bloke a fair go.

He also only ever started 10 league matches for us.

Could frustration be a reason for his rash behaviour on occasion?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
and Ali Mac was on the end of an elbow and forearm smash against Burnley, nothing retrospective dished out...
Twice...

I'm looking forward to having him back. I think he could be good with Maupay and would great to at least give it a try. As someone else said, Any striker in the Hughton era would be playing on his own up front. It will be interesting to see him in this set up and side. Hopefully he has calmed down a little although I think the saints red was harsh but the wba one was a dead cert red.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
think he should be given another chance, rather than just summarising he’s still the same old.
let’s be honest we are pretty blunt up front and way to nice. If he turns out a prick then banish him, you just never know.

i expect we’ve all been given second and third chances at times in our lives.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
He also only ever started 10 league matches for us.

Could frustration be a reason for his rash behaviour on occasion?

More than likely a part of it. He is competitive, but to be fair, no excuse under Potter. Either way, he showed he could score goals and with our current crop of strikers who simply cant score goals, we have little to lose. I also was a bit of a fan of his. His brief performances showed he had something - the ability to take chances.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Cant sell him unless he's fit. I would imagine that Potter has told him to prove himself and the slate is clean for Andone. No doubt he has talents so perhaps Potter can sort his head out with some clever motivational mind games.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Maupay is one of the best strikers in the league when it comes to passing and putting down pressure, Welbeck is a decent player overall and Connolly got some qualities as well. What is limited is their efficiency in front of goal and Andone's goal scoring record is not exactly phenomenal.

You might want to reserve judgment until you’ve seen a bit more of Andone. I have a feeling you’ll like him.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Cant sell him unless he's fit. I would imagine that Potter has told him to prove himself and the slate is clean for Andone. No doubt he has talents so perhaps Potter can sort his head out with some clever motivational mind games.

Do we need clever mind games. Treat him like an adult and ask him to be professional or else he is gone. Simple really. It has not been motivational mind games or talking about things that has changed the teams fortunes, it's been doing what everyone has been saying for months - address the leaking of goals. Potter sorted that by dropping the keeper. Next part of the jigsaw also wont be solved by talking, it will be solved by dropping those who cant score and finding someone (maybe Andone) who can. Too much chatter about motivational techniques IMHO.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I, for one, will welcome him back with open arms.

The media is right. We are too nice.

Andone could be regarded as a dirty player. He certainly has an attitude. But he is also a passionate, talented and hard working player.

As long as he doesn't cause any disruptions in the dressing room, then he can be a real asset to our team. If he does cause any disruptions then I'm sure that will be the end of him here, for good this time.

Totally agree with this

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Maupay is one of the best strikers in the league when it comes to passing and putting down pressure, Welbeck is a decent player overall and Connolly got some qualities as well. What is limited is their efficiency in front of goal and Andone's goal scoring record is not exactly phenomenal.

JCL aleret.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Enforced squad rotation after the turf war incident. If we ever need more wing-back/midfield options, Bernardo returns and Andone gets loaned to a corner of Europe. Continues for years, Potter repeatedly denying there is an issue. Outed in a 15,000-word Athletic feature two years after one of their contracts ends.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For me the only thing that counts is whether the squad are happy to have him back/tolerant of him coming back.

He got sent off v Southampton? So what. Lots of players get sent off. I know people like to say we only lost because he was sent off, on the basis we dominated early before going down to ten men, but we have often dominated and not won, this game was around the time we dominated Newcastle for 70 minutes and came away with a 0-0. Dominated Palace in both fixtures that season for a return of one point. We can't really say with any confidence we would have won if he stayed on, evidence is against it.

He gave that interview! Yeah, a Romanian gave an interview to a Turkish journalist, and the article was translated to English, coupled with the tendency of all players to puff up their current club, and loan players will always talk about how much they want to be there, and how they would be interested in staying. I'm sure you can find similar sentiments from the likes of Jesse Lingard when he was with us (open to the possibility of staying, even though no one would want to leave premier league man utd for championship brighton if they have a choice). Very easy to see translation issues around such an interview. Even if there were no language barrier issues, we've seen comments from AJ (I think) about how the first thing he was taught was to defend - reinforcing the idea that we all seem to agree that Hughton was a defence-first kind of manager, and he is an attack-minded player. If you'd been promised premier league football as an attacker and you keep getting benched because you're playing in a defence minded team and not getting the chances you need to succeed, and in your mind unfairly being benched, having moved across the continent to a new city, I think most people would struggle. So I find it hard to hold the interview against him.

So if the rest of the squad are happy for him to return, I'm happy to have him back. That goal against Palace, in those circumstances meant so much, and I'd like to see what he can offer in a more attack-minded, chances-creating side.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We could use him as an Ice Hockey style enforcer? Take off his muzzle and let him loose on Grealish tonight :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here