Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone just tweeted training pics of himself

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I believe He burnt his bridges with somewhat negative comments about the club on social media
& Not wishing to ever return unless I’m mistaken

Hardly the crime of the century.

He's a hothead, but this injury might have given him time to realise what he is missing.

I'm more than happy to forgive and forget.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I believe He burnt his bridges with somewhat negative comments about the club on social media
& Not wishing to ever return unless I’m mistaken

I recall it was stuff like ‘I was not given a chance’ and ‘they didn’t play to my strengths’ and ‘I want to be with a club who believe in me like Galatasaray’ etc.

On scale of negative comments, that sort of stuff is fairly standard. However, he didn’t say the ‘burn bridges’ type stuff; he didn’t pick out individuals, he didn’t slag off the players or City or fans or management.

I’ve got a feeling that he might be on the bench today and that he has just found out!

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
2019: some: I think he is decent, not a world beater but... others: nah he is too bad
*goes to loan to Turkey where he does nothing and then tears his ACL*
2021: this guy is the best player evah

Did you ever watch him play for the Albion? Watch him play in Spain?

Nobody would claim he is a world-beater.He is under contract,is not going anywhere this season and when he is fit we might as well use him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Did you ever watch him play for the Albion? Watch him play in Spain?

Nobody would claim he is a world-beater.He is under contract,is not going anywhere this season and when he is fit we might as well use him.

Aside for the first games of last season and a couple in Turkey, no.

Personally I would prefer if the club used players who didnt say they dont want to play for the club. Nothing that says he is any better than any of Maupay/Trossard/Connolly/Welbeck and as fourth/fifth choice striker I much prefer giving someone like Zeqiri game time.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
For that goal against Palace he’s an absolute legend. Still wayyyy in credit for me.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This will be one helluva come back if it happens.

I recall at the time that along with Locadia he was described by Warren Aspinall on Radio Sussex as a 'bad apple' and not the sort we want at the club when he left.

Paul Hayward tweeted this as well:

[tweet]1168547363180490752[/tweet]
Think the Hayward quote is rubbish.

If you look on insta Andone is very popular with the other players. Even Ale Mccalister!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I think (without any actual evidance I hasten to add) Andone was a disruptive figure within the group, he undoubtedly is talented enough to make our squard but only if the latter overrides the first and GP will be the best to judge.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The sending off against Southampton was a bit silly but certainly no more reckless than Lewis against Palace and there's the Paul Hayward tweet that doesn't seem to be backed up by the other social media interactions with the rest of the squad.

Definitely good enough reasons to ignore a bigger, quicker, stronger, more experienced version of Neal Maupay who is doing a great job but still learning ???

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
One of those who are willing to give him a final chance, after the way he left and his comments, I'm still not 100% on him.

Remember some very costly red cards which contributed to a difficult last season, will never survive in this VAR dominated era (more so than even last season). If he's willing to put the work in and be a reliable asset to the squad, why not...

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The sending off against Southampton was a bit silly but certainly no more reckless than Lewis against Palace and there's the Paul Hayward tweet that doesn't seem to be backed up by the other social media interactions with the rest of the squad.

Definitely good enough reasons to ignore a bigger, quicker, stronger, more experienced version of Neal Maupay who is doing a great job but still learning ???

On what basis are you claiming Andone is a more proven goalscorer than Maupay ?

Certainly not on anything I’ve seen or any stats to suggest it.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think (without any actual evidance I hasten to add) Andone was a disruptive figure within the group, he undoubtedly is talented enough to make our squard but only if the latter overrides the first and GP will be the best to judge.

There's a story that he smashed into Glenn Murray in training, injuring Glenn's ankle. Which didn't make him very popular with some of the squad.

But with many of that squad now departed, it's possible he could make a fresh start.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
What value is expertise of 'emotional intelligence' if you can't work with someone who's a bit feisty?

anyway,

1 yellow card in 16 appearances since he went out on loan (Lamptey 5 yellows and a red in 18 for us). Dunno how many of his appearances were late substitutions and maybe they don't book players in Turkey but that might suggest that Andone isn't an uncontrollable psychopath after all.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I’m not questioning his ability but his attitude on social media when he went to Turkey was I thought very disrespectful to Brighton and he inferred he didn’t want to come back to Brighton. The polar opposite of say Glenn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here