Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone just tweeted training pics of himself

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I think Potter wanted to shake things up and show the players who was boss from the start.

He clearly drew a line in the sand then watched Locadia (general attitude) & Andone (attitude and on in pitch aggression) cross it. We kept the recall option for Andone to return in the January, an improvement in attitude was probably the key to him coming back.

I think that was the emotionally intelligent thing to do from the gaffer.

It might be that Andone wants to fight for a starting role now instead of assuming he is first pick........and then virtually assaulting an opposition player when he gets the chance.

More likely the injury and either the Turkish lot sending him back broken
Or us preferring to control his rehab Didn’t Izzy Brown return to Chelsea when injured ?
As stated by others Unless fit he has no re sale value

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
I, for one, will welcome him back with open arms.

The media is right. We are too nice.

Andone could be regarded as a dirty player. He certainly has an attitude. But he is also a passionate, talented and hard working player.

As long as he doesn't cause any disruptions in the dressing room, then he can be a real asset to our team. If he does cause any disruptions then I'm sure that will be the end of him here, for good this time.

His nasty streak isn’t a lots fans or probably the clubs main issue. It was that he was a liability and every time he played, would he stay on the pitch?
However, I would like to see him have another bash at it for us. Hopefully he’s worked out how to control himself a bit more and then we can see what I think is the best striker we have.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Connolly Maupay Welbeck Tau Zequri- do we need a 6th striker in the squad who has offered little hint of being good enough, has temperament issues to the extent that he's been thrown out of the club once, and who is on the comeback from serious injury?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

he's not worth much right now, what options have we got but to play him?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
IF he can prove his fitness and he can return to a level of play ,that GP decides he merits a run in the team great
I just think it might be a little while yet before that question arises

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No chance. He appears to be training away from the other players in the picture. I assume he is just pleased to be back on the training pitch.

I’m sure he put a photo of his boots at the training ground on insta last year along with something about starting back training again.

We know that Potter uses some of the berths on his nine man bench for ‘match day experience’ knowing that they won’t get a game.

We’ll know the answer at 7pm.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not sure what the fuss is about really? Andone has got 15 games to save his PL career. Firstly he's got to get in the squad, then the team, then he's got to do enough in the team for Potter to think he's worth keeping around. If he does all that, then why wouldn' t we accept him back? If he does part of it then we should get most of his fee back. If he fails well he still won't have cost us as much as Locadia...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is absurd. Some people actually want rid of Andone, a proper in-yer-face NASTY striker just returning from injury, over Welbeck who is earning very nice wages (except he probably thinks he's doing us a favour on that score) and who might as well never have been signed for all the impact he's made. Ditto Lallana by the way. Why do we throw money at these people? :shrug:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
After the way he’s behaved , would be the biggest comeback probably ever , if he plays for us again !

But you'd still rather have a slightly unhinged nutter like Andone back in the fold, than Jurgen Locadia.

Is he good enough? Yes.

Just a case of Potter managing his eccentricity.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
His possible return has me conflicted as I'm not a huge fan of Andone. Think he is a case for our No Dickheads policy. However his goal against Palace has a special place in my heart and think we could actually use someone of his ilk on the pitch for the rest of the season.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
This is absurd. Some people actually want rid of Andone, a proper in-yer-face NASTY striker just returning from injury, over Welbeck who is earning very nice wages (except he probably thinks he's doing us a favour on that score) and who might as well never have been signed for all the impact he's made. Ditto Lallana by the way. Why do we throw money at these people? :shrug:

lallana has been good for us

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Although it is a red, I see it as Andone tring to shield the ball. Reckless rather than violent.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Agreed. This particular incident he was clearly try put his body in between the man and the ball. If he’s been accepted back into the squad I’ve no doubt he’ll score with the amount of chances we create. Hopefully he’s learnt from the elbowing incident.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
His possible return has me conflicted as I'm not a huge fan of Andone. Think he is a case for our No Dickheads policy. However his goal against Palace has a special place in my heart and think we could actually use someone of his ilk on the pitch for the rest of the season.

Its what may happen on matchday with his temperament thats always been the big unknown.... but for now at Lancing.......... caging him, makes it look safe enough for the other players.

Can see Bruno looking at Andone in his fenced off pen, like he's watching the big cats through the fence at the Zoo. Wonder if Billy Reid wears any protection when he goes in and lays out the cones!.

andone.jpg

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
There has been a lot made out about his attitude but let's not forget, Maupay got dropped for the Spurs game for something similar.

If there are no lingering issues with the dressing room, I would like to see Andone given another chance. He offers more to us long term than Welbeck does.

A lot of puritanical claptrap on here, personally I have always loved the headcases and those whose passion brims over.

Your Jimmy Case and Doug Rougvie of yesteryear

Knocky, Maupay and Andone....

nowt wrong with a dash of red blood, its harnessing it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here