Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone joins Cadiz on one season loan

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
This has been done to death but here goes (again)

Andone was predominantly used as a substitute in an ultra defensive team.
Connolly has been given many more minutes than Andone, in an expansive team.

Connolly 5 goals in 2055 minutes from 84 shots - 41 appearances
Andone 4 goals in 945 minutes from 29 shots - 26 appearances

Narrows the gap for sure but doesn't allow for age or Andone's possible physical decline? That's two big injuries the lad has had. TBH I'm not convinced either are the answer and FWIW I don't think Andone got a fair crack of the whip the 1st time but nothing I've seen in his cameo appearances in the friendlies leads me to think he'll suddenly become the answer.

I don't think Connolly's progression is encouraging either but he at least has a chance of making it even if its a diminishing one...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Cadiz CF, in La Liga seems far more likely...

https://eldesmarque.com/cadiz/cadiz...one-mas-cerca-el-delantero-que-espera-cervera

Google Translate:

"Andone, closer: the forward that Cervera expects

While the team continues to offer good feelings in the league start, Cádiz CF is working to give Álvaro Cervera the signings he expects. After the match against Betis he recalled that he needs two more forwards and the sports management is working on it. If things don't go wrong, one of them will be Andone .

As ElDesmarque has learned , the operation for the arrival of the Romanian is quite advanced in the absence of the signing of the contracts. If there is no unexpected turn, it will be on loan until June 30, 2022."

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Andone reborn

[Tweet]https://twitter.com/brian__owen/status/1429333777382354946?s=21[/Tweet]

Do they also need a DJ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 29, 2011
I've read Andone is on £35k a week. It's not unreasonable considering the low fee we paid and his potential at the time. If that's the case, it's very likely we're getting rid to free up wages for a new striker. However, I'd be surprised if Cadiz can afford that, perhaps we'll be subsidising his wages for the first few seasons

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So for strikers we currently have Welbeck and Maupay injured, Tau basically out the door, Connolly seemingly just not good enough, Zeqiri still young/inexperienced, and we're letting Andone go. Seems strange if there isnt someone else 99% signed.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So for strikers we currently have Welbeck and Maupay injured, Tau basically out the door, Connolly seemingly just not good enough, Zeqiri still young/inexperienced, and we're letting Andone go. Seems strange if there isnt someone else 99% signed.

This. It would be madness to flog Andone if no incoming striker.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Don't forget big Jurgen.

Cometh the moment, cometh the man.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
This. It would be madness to flog Andone if no incoming striker.

If we get some bad news regarding Maupay and its actually something like a fractured collarbone then we're left with Connolly and Zeqiri up top, and praying Welbeck can get fit. Madness is right.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Great move for him if true. Wonderful club, amazing city. Perfect place to bring up a nipper. He'll do well.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Don't forget big Jurgen.

Cometh the moment, cometh the man.

Yes. In fact, another way to read [MENTION=12162]brighton_tom[/MENTION] 's point is that we still currently have Maupay, Welbeck, Zeqiri, Connolly, Locadia and Tau on the payroll, plus Trossard who GP likes to play up front now and again. Will have to shift at least two of those.

While the Tau deal may well happen, you'd have to think that if the DJ doesn't get a loan move then we'll look to end the contract mutually? Don't think he even had a squad number in yesterday's programme.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Guinness Boy;9976751f said:
Yes. In fact, another way to read [MENTION=12162]brighton_tom[/MENTION] 's point is that we still currently have Maupay, Welbeck, Zeqiri, Connolly, Locadia and Tau on the payroll, plus Trossard who GP likes to play up front now and again. Will have to shift at least two of those.

While the Tau deal may well happen, you'd have to think that if the DJ doesn't get a loan move then we'll look to end the contract mutually? Don't think he even had a squad number in yesterday's programme.

Yep. Wouldnt want such a kn0b anywhere near the first team as seeing his miserable face would be demoralising or less harmonious at the least.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Exactly

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We need to do something with Locadia otherwise he’d automatically get included in the 25 man squad (unless we have to many players)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here