Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone joins Cadiz on one season loan

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Brighton & Hove Albion striker Florin Andone has joined La Liga side Cadiz CF on loan for the 2021/22 season, subject to international clearance.

Head coach Graham Potter said, “This represents a good move for all parties, with the potential for Florin to play regular football, something he hasn’t had the chance to do in the last year or so due to injury.

“He has worked really hard on his rehabilitation, is ready to play and now wants to be playing regularly. We wish him well for the loan spell and the season ahead in La Liga.”

The 28-year-old missed the entirety of last season due to a serious knee injury he sustained while out on loan with Turkish side Galatasaray.

He has made 30 appearances for Albion since joining from Deportivo La Coruna in 2018, scoring six goals.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2230320/florin-andone-joins-cadiz-on-loan-for-the-season

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This. It would be madness to flog Andone if no incoming striker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely. Let's keep a player on £2m a year, that's burned his bridges with the club and hasn't kicked a ball in two years to... what? Sit on the bench and not play for us? Potter has already said he's a long way from starting for us.

Let him move on so we can too.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Incoming new 15 year contract for Connolly and £250,000 a week wages, including personal hairdresser

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Can only think we have somebody in mind because surely cant carry on like Sat with Connolly as 2nd striker

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Andone is out of contract in 2022 according to transfermarkt. That’s him gone permanently then I guess?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I guess that Potter doesn't see him as a top 4 Premier team striker :wink:

(I'm surprised and think there must be someone incoming, plus the opportunity to see Andone and Maupay kick seven bells out of David Luiz has long gone :down:)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We had 7 strikers on the books so we needed to get rid of at least 3.

Welbeck and Maupay will start all games when fit.
Connolly and Zeqiri are young prospects for development.
The other 3 either need to be good enough now or be got rid of.

Whilst I would have loved Andone to be the one, Potter's comments were clear that he wouldn't be getting enough minutes here to be good enough quickly enough.
Pragmatically he needed to be shipped out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here