Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone joins Cadiz on one season loan

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can't help but think / guess that Andone going was partly out of Potter's hands. I don't believe a manager sees a red card then sends the player out on loan because of it. I also don't think loan agreements are sorted out that quickly, and perhaps talks in Turkey were well advanced prior to Potter getting a yay or nay. If the player was keen to go, then Potter's only decision may have been 'okay let him go if he doesn't want to be here'.

Time will tell. If he features this season, then either Potter has had a complete reverse change of heart, or as above it wasn't really his decision in the first place.

In fairness this is a very different club to the one it was when Potter arrived. Position in the table might say differently but from a players perspective the style of play will have swung attack minded players opinions dramatically I suggest. It seems the players love playing for Potter, it was very clear to me that they did not feel the same about CH by the end.

Potter was also an unknown quantity and could have been a Hyypia. Some on here might think he still is I accept :wink:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If he’s fully fit and ready to go, sure.

But hasn’t he had a very bad time with his injury? That’s my concern for him. Especially for a forward player who needs to make quick twists and turns, can take time to get back to your best.

Very few comments like this about Lamptey or March, so whats different about Andone?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I have heard several comments that he is the most annoying player in the squad. Always nattering on about stuff I think and a little bit mental.
I don't think if there was really strong resentment, they would reference it in interviews.

If you're referring to the Welbeck interview, this is what he actually said about Andone.

"He never stops talking. It's crazy. He's just had a baby and I was thinking he would be a bit more tired coming into training but nope. He's the same."

"Every single morning he is the same. Right up until the end of the day."

“He’s a good friend and we can chat about things and we are always pushing each other.”

There are a couple of reasons he wasn't popular within the squad under Chris Hughton.

He clattered Murray in training, injuring his ankle. Which can happen, but didn't go down well.

The other reason is he was very vocal about not getting enough game time in the 2018/19 season, complaining that others were getting more minutes than him.

He had a point when you Consider he only played 881 minutes scoring 3 goals from an xg of 2.2. When Jurgen Locadia was given 1236 minutes, and only scored 2 goals from an xg of 3.1.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
His 81st minute winner in the pretty-much-must-win game vs Huddersfield at the Amex is still one of my favourite albion moments.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If you're referring to the Welbeck interview, this is what he actually said about Andone.

"He never stops talking. It's crazy. He's just had a baby and I was thinking he would be a bit more tired coming into training but nope. He's the same."

"Every single morning he is the same. Right up until the end of the day."

“He’s a good friend and we can chat about things and we are always pushing each other.”

There are a couple of reasons he wasn't popular within the squad under Chris Hughton.

He clattered Murray in training, injuring his ankle. Which can happen, but didn't go down well.

The other reason is he was very vocal about not getting enough game time in the 2018/19 season, complaining that others were getting more minutes than him.

He had a point when you Consider he only played 881 minutes scoring 3 goals from an xg of 2.2. When Jurgen Locadia was given 1236 minutes, and only scored 2 goals from an xg of 3.1.

There was that one and I think Adam Webster said something similar during the three-way QA thingy with Richie Reynolds.

Absolutely agree with the comments about his lack of game-time.
His shot conversion stats were up there near Muzza's and he is surprisingly good in the air.

Whilst he has certainly benefitted from the age old "gets better the longer he is out" BS, I think he will be a decent squad option for us.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Very few comments like this about Lamptey or March, so whats different about Andone?

Fair comment. But Andone has had injury issues for a good while longer I’d wager?

You don’t need to convince me on Andone the player btw. I was there that night when he scored THAT goal against Palace. He was absolutely electric that night, and I have no doubt if fully fit can offer a lot to our team.

el punal

I think back to Potter's first game in charge - he and Maupay ripped them apart.

If (and we know it's a big if) he can keep his temper under control, there's no doubt that he is a very useful attacking option to have.

A HUGE if. That third goal against Palace three seasons ago showed him at his best. The red card against the Southampton player at his worst. Off field his shenanigans (allegedly) have hardly inspired anyone about his temperament so if Potter can sort that out then great things lie in wait. If only . . .

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We have a squad that has a lot of nice characters. I’m not adverse to having someone who has a bit of an edge to him. What I think is important is that Welbeck and him seem to get on well. Danny is mature enough to ‘tolerate’him and find his non stop chat ‘funny’. I would also imagine that Florin respects Danny. Those two together would complement each other really well. Also Florin has a bit of passion about him and for ‘the goal’ against that lot, I’d like to see him make a successful return.
On a more pragmatic basis, I expect there aren’t that many European teams lining up to take him on loan/buy him and pay the wages that I expect he’s on here.
I’d keep if possible and see if he can be integrated in the squad and get some goals from him this season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't know, is it possible for a young man who was a bit of an idiot at 26 to be less of an idiot 2 years later?

Yes personal development is possible and frequently occuring. Maybe not on NSC but elsewhere.

Its up to the individual and the people in his surroundings.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
There can be no question about Andone's ability, but there are real questions about him mentally.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
How many do though?

It depends, if you get the right sort of support, you're more likely to -- for a recent example, see Jordan Pickford.
As others have said, this is where Potter's emotional intelligence credentials ought to come into play, but also as one poster also said, Andone has only received one red card in his career, so perhaps it's us that need to change our spots or, perhaps better, thoughts

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It depends, if you get the right sort of support, you're more likely to -- for a recent example, see Jordan Pickford.
As others have said, this is where Potter's emotional intelligence credentials ought to come into play, but also as one poster also said, Andone has only received one red card in his career, so perhaps it's us that need to change our spots or, perhaps better, thoughts

As I said I have an open mind. Rightly or wrongly he strikes me as a talented liability. If the club and GP are happy to give him another go you won’t hear me complaining :shrug:

In fact I’ll be quite excited to see what he does, I love watching little shits who wind up the opposition playing for us, I am a big Maupay fan too.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There can be no question about Andone's ability, but there are real questions about him mentally.

Barely played football for two years. Everything can be questioned.

Very, very few PL players went out injured for two years and then came back as some kind of messiah for their club.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011

But we can't judge that on his behaviour 2 years ago.

People mature/change. If he has and Potter believes so then it could be a great new "signing" - in fact I would say he'd be better than Maupay, esp re clinicsm in front of goal....

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Wasn't he given a retrospective red after the West Brom cup game?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Barely played football for two years. Everything can be questioned.

Very, very few PL players went out injured for two years and then came back as some kind of messiah for their club.

But have any comeback and just been half-way decent?

Not sure we need a Messiah - We still have Tony.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I like Andone and pleased to have him as an option.

If he was a new signing based on wiki , you would have to say he's not scored regularly enough in decent competitions ( la liga , prem , romania ) ....... other than 1 good ish season in la liga when got 12.

If he has not lost anything from injuries and attitude is good then certainly an option.

I don't think he is the consistent answer but I think he'd win us a few games.

for me, it would soften the disappointment of not signing a striker having him as a new option for us

New signing still preference

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I would love to see andone back but we can't read too much into seeing him train and kind words said about him by players and coaching staff.
If he does feature in potters plans and he appears in the match day squad then I will be very happy indeed,but I don't think we will know for sure until the season kicks off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here