Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone joins Cadiz on one season loan

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think its impossible to get rid of him (think the club would love to though), so might stick around. 30 caps for Romania means nothing btw.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He's a far better player than Connolly. And probably less of a dick too. I'm not too worried about the odd red card, some of the best players in the world have been partial to a red or two every now and then. The bigger worry is the rumours about how unpopular he was with the squad. Although the squad is quite different now.

It's a bad idea to keep someone if they are unpopular and a disruptive influence, however good they are. So it's up for Potter to use his management skills to decide, I guess.

I have heard several comments that he is the most annoying player in the squad. Always nattering on about stuff I think and a little bit mental.
I don't think if there was really strong resentment, they would reference it in interviews.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Hopefully body and brain will be fine now that Bernardo isn't here to accidently kick him pre-match.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Open minded but as they say a leopard doesn’t change his spots.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Does it matter if he gets three reds a sesaon? Gives an opportunity to another player and he gets a rest! As long as he doesn't upset the dressing room and we can handle his off days, no problem.

He has one red card in his career as far as I can tell though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I doubt we'll see another of these but, this thread needs to have this posted at least once
[video]https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/1054374[/video]

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I like him. Connolly and Maupay have become across as more nuts over the last two seaosn IMHO.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I’m all in. He is NAWTY and there is a place for that in our squad. After all, Maupay can’t be expected to carry the SHITHOUSERY alone.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Let’s keep our fingers crossed for Andone . Up to £20 M , I think the club will find it hard to get much better as long as he stays calm and has a real desire to do well .

I agree that Connolly would benefit from a season on loan in the championship. His decision making needs to improve as well as his calmness in front of goal . Whether he will accept that or not is another thing !

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I doubt we'll see another of these but, this thread needs to have this posted at least once
[video]https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/1054374[/video]

Capping off one of the best 45 minutes against Palace ever.

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton
Met him once walking the dog and had a chat, he was really friendly, talkative and genuinely keen/enthusiastic to play as much as possible and make a difference. I still have faith he can turn it around given another chance.

+ scored one of my favourite goals at the Amex in that Palace one.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am still in the camp of keep Connelly. But thats me.

Andone was moved out for a reason. Although I totally agree if he got his head screwed on he could be more than useful.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Would love to see him properly back. If Potter has worked some of his Emotional Intelligence magic on him and got his head in the right place (he must think he has otherwise he’d have been out of here by now) he’ll be genuinely like a new signing.

Our older readers may remember Kenny Burns. Now there was a nasty player with red cards waiting to happen.

Brian Clough turned him into one of the best payers in the UK.

So it can happen and would be as big an achievement for GP as anything on the pitch.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I can't help but think / guess that Andone going was partly out of Potter's hands. I don't believe a manager sees a red card then sends the player out on loan because of it. I also don't think loan agreements are sorted out that quickly, and perhaps talks in Turkey were well advanced prior to Potter getting a yay or nay. If the player was keen to go, then Potter's only decision may have been 'okay let him go if he doesn't want to be here'.

Time will tell. If he features this season, then either Potter has had a complete reverse change of heart, or as above it wasn't really his decision in the first place.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I don't know, is it possible for a young man who was a bit of an idiot at 26 to be less of an idiot 2 years later?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If he’s fully fit and ready to go, sure.

But hasn’t he had a very bad time with his injury? That’s my concern for him. Especially for a forward player who needs to make quick twists and turns, can take time to get back to your best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here