Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flares / Blue & White smoke when we score

Why?

I don’t get it. The stewards quickly identified the alleged culprit, now they will get banned…..

The smoke then blew back towards us, all very unimpressive……

If I’m missing the point apologies

Get a life man! I love the flares, gives us a bit of grit and edge and some great photo opportunities.

Long may the continue.

Typical wet flannel Brighton fan yet again, wanting us to just sit and clap when we score.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
At least my mother only applauds our goals now. The first game I took her too was Boro at home. She clapped their goal. She was surprised at the vehemence of my reaction, and has never done it since.

Well we've not played Boro (at home) for a few years, so I think she's in the clear.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Managed to go wild, throw paper confetti, bog rolls etc for most of my 5 decades supporting Albion all round the country without need for smoke bombs, and the atmosphere was far better than it is generally today. And feel sorry for anyone with asthma who chokes on them, must be a bit scary. You know, not being able to breath properly.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Get a life man! I love the flares, gives us a bit of grit and edge and some great photo opportunities.

Long may the continue.

Typical wet flannel Brighton fan yet again, wanting us to just sit and clap when we score.

My life is excellent, thank you 😃.

Sit and clap? Are you a new supporter? Not sure we’ve ever done that in the 45+ years I’ve been going…..

Yes, I do get the inclination, but not really the point of the discussion - more why take the risk…..

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Managed to go wild, throw paper confetti, big rolls etc for most of my 5 decades supporting Albion all round the country without need for smoke bombs, and the atmosphere was far better than it is generally today. And feel sorry for anyone with asthma who chokes on them, must be a bit scary. You know, not being able to breath properly.

Well exactly, someone close to us was having breathing difficulties just after the flares, no evidence it was related, and it may have been something else (hopefully not), but he received treatment for some time afterwards.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I suspect not, and likely he’s followed Albion many more years than you. And not just recent ‘glory’ years as the young ‘uns have only known.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well exactly, someone close to us was having breathing difficulties just after the flares, no evidence it was related, and it may have been something else (hopefully not), but he received treatment for some time afterwards.

And that is why they’re banned. And somewhat selfish. It can be terrifying, why on earth would any reasonable person want to inflict this on a fellow supporter?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I’d have got breathing difficulties after seeing us score twice in the same game.

I suspect not, and likely he’s followed Albion many more years than you. And not just recent ‘glory’ years as the young ‘uns have only known.

Here we go again..'I've been to more games than you' etc etc. Sound like school kids.

If he's older than me then yes if you work it out of course he's gone to more games.

I'm 29 and first started going when I was 16 and have had a season ticket ever since, going to many, many away games.

Are you happy, now we've had a chance to compare our attendance stats.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Irony of football fans from the 70s & 80s lecturing on how to behave at football !

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I watched the end of the Hertha v Union Berlin game on the train on the way home - they sure know how to do pyrotechnics in Germany!

[As someone else posted elsewhere, yesterday was a great Away Day - even though I'm approaching the dreaded six-oh, it was great to see the younger generation in full voice (despite a few idiots), and the flares added to the atmosphere - I'm not necessarily condoning them, though*]

*special caveat for Mr Barber

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Here we go again..'I've been to more games than you' etc etc. Sound like school kids.

If he's older than me then yes if you work it out of course he's gone to more games.

I'm 29 and first started going when I was 16 and have had a season ticket ever since, going to many, many away games.

Are you happy, now we've had a chance to compare our attendance stats.

So you’re an adult, perhaps start behaving like one? Just an observation.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Irony of football fans from the 70s & 80s lecturing on how to behave at football !

Sweeping generalisation that everyone who went to football was a hooligan. Personally the only flares I had were from my wardrobe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The thing with the flares is that they make everything so much more photogenic.

images (5).jpeg

For this reason, it's a :thumbsup: from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here