Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flares / Blue & White smoke when we score

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think they look cool, though they’re a ******* to breathe through if directly in the vicinity. As for the people who throw them, they make the choice and know the consequences.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I did understand your opening post it’s been done many times before, you know full well the club monitors NSC so in my mind it’s nothing more than a grass attempt.

On the basis of that reasoning, I could suggest that you are an active advocate of criminality.

Or I could class you as one of those sorts who would put up with anything in order to avoid being the worst type of citizen; not a wifebeater, not a mugger, but......a grass :eek:

:facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
View attachment 146779

Just found this photo on Twitter.

I quite like the way the blue and white smoke bombs have landed together, very artistic how the smoke has mixed :moo: well done lads. :)

Barber-out is going to track down the fella in orange and ban him for life.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
We’ve been getting flares at away games since 16/17, at least, and certainly at a lot of away games this season. It always impresses me.

I like them.

Since 2016/17!! A lot longer since than! I was wearing flares to games back in the 1970's.
:facepalm::wrong:

Attachments

• 61h2QWvFAoS._AC_UL1500_.jpg
    61h2QWvFAoS._AC_UL1500_.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 244

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I did understand your opening post it’s been done many times before, you know full well the club monitors NSC so in my mind it’s nothing more than a grass attempt.

Are you seriously suggesting that the club was unaware that flares had been thrown until they read it on NSC?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Optional choice. Personally don’t have an issue but for everyone who is unsure
1. It is a criminal offence to take one into a football stadium even if you do not let it off
2. It’s another offence to let it off inside a ground
Both could (unlikely) but could result in a prison term as per some of the case law and could result in into a 3 year banning order.

Different police forces deal with the offences differently. Sussex police are generally quite fair but other forces will take you straight to court and look for a banning order.
The club will undoubtedly look to ban you on a civil basis anyway.

Chances are in modern grounds you will get identified and caught as CCTV is very very good.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Optional choice. Personally don’t have an issue but for everyone who is unsure
1. It is a criminal offence to take one into a football stadium even if you do not let it off
2. It’s another offence to let it off inside a ground
Both could (unlikely) but could result in a prison term as per some of the case law and could result in into a 3 year banning order.

Different police forces deal with the offences differently. Sussex police are generally quite fair but other forces will take you straight to court and look for a banning order.
The club will undoubtedly look to ban you on a civil basis anyway.

Chances are in modern grounds you will get identified and caught as CCTV is very very good.

Yep.

I think they look nice, but if I see someone arrested for letting one off I will laugh.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
it’s about what is the point, why take the risk. Maybe it is a generation thing, but given we’ve been successful for nigh on 10 years, it’s hardly about pulling in new ‘young’ supporters.

It’s about having fun, being a bit rebellious. If by chance someone gets caught, meh :shrug: so what? Banned from footy, might be annoying but not the end of the world. Banned from The Amex? Use a friends ticket if you really want to be there once in a while. Other grounds, just avoid Balkham.

It’s hardly Cat C hooliganism now is it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Dont really care about people using them, all adds to the celebrations but you'll feel foolish if you then get banned.

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
I don't mind it... adds to the away atmosphere.

Thing is, my bag yesterday was turned inside out at the bag check so flares must be smuggled in via underwear?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Probably best you don't go to any games in Europe

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It’s about having fun, being a bit rebellious. If by chance someone gets caught, meh :shrug: so what? Banned from footy, might be annoying but not the end of the world. Banned from The Amex? Use a friends ticket if you really want to be there once in a while. Other grounds, just avoid Balkham.

Thank you for a reasoned response and fair enough….

I think someone also suggested different places interpret it differently, which I get as well.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Depends doesn’t it. Can have massive knock on affects so educate yourself if the potential consequences.
Bit of a myth that Balkham will remove you if your just in a civil ban. That’s between you and the club. He will pass the info on for sure but police won’t remove you they have no power to unless you have been convicted by a court and have a banning order in place, which obviously comes with a power of arrest if you breach it.

As I said in previous post 2 separate criminal offences and could result in arrest or an interview under caution on a voluntary basis at a later time and date. That criminal conviction may affect you later in life in terms of certain jobs ect. Don’t think it doesn’t happen as it does.

Personal choice if you do it and can look good ect. But at least educate yourself on potential consequences and decide if it is worth it for you.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Depends doesn’t it. Can have massive knock on affects so educate yourself if the potential consequences.
Bit of a myth that Balkham will remove you if your just in a civil ban. That’s between you and the club. He will pass the info on for sure but police won’t remove you they have no power to unless you have been convicted by a court and have a banning order in place, which obviously comes with a power of arrest if you breach it.

As I said in previous post 2 separate criminal offences and could result in arrest or an interview under caution on a voluntary basis at a later time and date. That criminal conviction may affect you later in life in terms of certain jobs ect. Don’t think it doesn’t happen as it does.

Personal choice if you do it and can look good ect. But at least educate yourself on potential consequences and decide if it is worth it for you.

Very well put.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Just found this photo on Twitter.

I quite like the way the blue and white smoke bombs have landed together, very artistic how the smoke has mixed :moo: well done lads. :)

Probably taped together - good idea that.

I don't mind it... adds to the away atmosphere.

Thing is, my bag yesterday was turned inside out at the bag check so flares must be smuggled in via underwear?

These modern flares can be smuggled in up your aris, or so I've heard.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Bloke they took away was old enough to know better, drunken/drug induced bellend by the looks of it who was barely able to stand or know what was going on.
Flares were thrown at different times. Blue first. Both off the pitch within seconds by stewards.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Err, yeah. Thanks for that, most useful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here