Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flares and explosion on pitch at Croatia game

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Was the fighting due to fans having a go at the stupid ones chucking the flares onto the pitch because it might have cost them the win.

Possibly but they have political factions that cause in-fighting as well.

Croatia have form as some of their fans were thrown out of the Australian Open Tennis Championship for fighting, FFS - Tennis ?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
This thread on Reddit explains the whole situation: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/4omrzm/an_explanation_to_rsoccer_about_why_did_croatian/

It seems like they are protesting their extremely corrupt FA and their association with the criminal Dynamo Zagreb owner Mamic.

Their aim was to get Croatia thrown out of the competition, so they fought each other (on purpose, as this is what UEFA told Russia will get them expelled). Two arch rival ultra groups colluded to do this, so I think it's a fairly dire situation. Think Archer & Belotti but on a national level.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This is the worst tournament ever. It's going to be remembered for low-scoring, defensive football with flares, fighting and thugs ruining it. UEFA - just abandon it. France is inept at security. All we need now is a terrorist attack. :down:
Many predicted this due to tensions around Europe and it seems the dire football is certainly not the highlight of this tournament and never will.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I work with several Croatian officers here on board. They told me a while ago that there is a group of fans who will try to get every game abandoned until they are expelled, so that their FA will then hopefully sort itself out. Croatian football is basically Hadjuk Split or Dinamo Zagreb, & Dinamo seem to be the mafia running Croatian football. The Split fans want them out.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Any comments on the way Mark Clattenburg handled the situation?
Unflustered, he took the players to the centre of the pitch and waited for the incident to calm down and quickly started the game again when HE thought it safe too. Others would have taken the players off and waited 30 minutes.
No doubt UEFA will find a way to blame him though and kick England out.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I know I shouldn't but that bloke that got flared reminded me of the ref after the Di canio push and looked so dramatised...just found it funny:lolol::lolol:

Wow , a firework or explosive device of some type explodes close to a chaps face and you found that funny .

Looks like he was close to loosing an eye , still just imagine if he did , you would have split your sides .:clap2:

Attachments

• fm.jpg
    fm.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 191

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This thread on Reddit explains the whole situation: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/4omrzm/an_explanation_to_rsoccer_about_why_did_croatian/

It seems like they are protesting their extremely corrupt FA and their association with the criminal Dynamo Zagreb owner Mamic.

Their aim was to get Croatia thrown out of the competition, so they fought each other (on purpose, as this is what UEFA told Russia will get them expelled). Two arch rival ultra groups colluded to do this, so I think it's a fairly dire situation. Think Archer & Belotti but on a national level.

They could have done a much better job if that was their intention

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Good luck to them, hope it works.

I know I shouldn't but that bloke that got flared reminded me of the ref after the Di canio push and looked so dramatised...just found it funny:lolol::lolol:
Do you know for sure his hearing hasn't been damaged or anything?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Well, let's set an explosive off near your face, and watch the reaction.

Just for comic effect, like.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

you really are a total nob.
how have you got so much time you could be bothered to type that,
are you immortal?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Corals confirmed that if Croatia are disqualified from the tournament I'll lose my stake money (£40) as "they've had a run".

Thought I'd raise this. They're quick enough to big themselves up with special offers. They'd like to sweep this under the carpet but all they're doing is taking money illegally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here