Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flares and explosion on pitch at Croatia game

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If fire crackers can be smuggled in so can explosives, security appears to be very lapse

Unless you strip search you will not stop it

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My lad is 13 and never been searched at The Amex. The stewards have frequently told me this is because he is under 16.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
So long as a gentle approach (and a little talc?) is used then go with the flow.

tsa-search-600x309.jpg

el punal

If crooks can smuggle drugs and phones into penal institutions then inventive people will smuggle in flairs. Isn't rocket science. A determined person/s can always slip through with luck. Checking everyone to the point there is no doubt that they are clean will mean queuing for 4 to 24 hrs to gain entrance.

Honestly, who wants to smuggle in flairs? Skinny hipster jeans maybe or a checked pair of plus fours. But flairs are so passé.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Another day, another influx of flares. The French police are so inept at preventing fans from smuggling those into the stadium that I can rate their enforcement as, dare I say it, tinpot

Sent from popcorn packets for NSC binfests

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So, having read this thread, if a mentlist decides to smuggle in a bomb, it will be easy peasy. Let's hope there are no mentalists planning a terrorist atrocity, then.:nono:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's because they have this stupid 3rd place qualification.

If your losing 1-0 you are better of sticking than going for it due to goal difference.

You shouldn't be able to progress to the next round with a point

Makes a mockery of the last round of games as well as the four teams that play last will have a massive advantage over the others as they will know exactly what they will need to do to qualify in third place.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My boys are 14 and both are searched each time they have attended since the increased security at the Amex...

That's interesting because the NS stewards are not allowed, I have heard them say so and they wave anybody who says they are under 18 (or it might be 16) through. We have commented that we are sure terrorists don't have a minimum age.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This is the worst tournament ever. It's going to be remembered for low-scoring, defensive football with flares, fighting and thugs ruining it. UEFA - just abandon it. France is inept at security. All we need now is a terrorist attack. :down:

Its what happens when you have 24 European teams in a single tournament. Was always a ridiculous idea.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
So teams are fined for not controlling their fans, usually fair enough.

With so many incidents now, how much are France being fined for not doing a good enough job at searching people or keeping people safe?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
They are also not allowed to check anybody under 18 at the Amex.

They don't do a body pat down but will check bags and ask children to remove outer clothing if they see items bulging as well as asking them to empty pockets.

In our 5 years at the amex very few flares have made it inside the stadium. Many of our stewards do a great job

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Was the fighting due to fans having a go at the stupid ones chucking the flares onto the pitch because it might have cost them the win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here