Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fixtures?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I wouldn't trust what the FL say as they are hardly going to admit to a leak.

Why ? Many companies admit to leaks if information is leaked. They conduct inquiries and sack employees. Why the conspiracy ?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
This, shirley.

Even if somehow these were meant to be the genuine fixtures, they are bound to be changed now or the FL would look very silly especially in light of their denial of it being genuine.
Why would they change them.... what advantage or disadvantage would there be for anyone that these have keaked out... other than the FL shouting "duoh!!!"

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
The FL deny it in the strongest terms possible . In fact they were quite relaxed about it, hardly the tone of someone who really had left it on a train etc...- "total rubbish", "they're not ready yet anyway", work of someone who is "very, very bored" yet still we have "I'm not sure its a fake" , and "I keep an open mind" - ie: i think it could be a cover up and i think the FL are frantically backtracking and "changing" the fixtures. Good grief.
If these are fake because the genuine fixtures aren't ready yet then maybe the FL should hire whoever faked this set because in their spare time they've done the fixtures quicker than the FL could manage it

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If these are fake because the genuine fixtures aren't ready yet then maybe the FL should hire whoever faked this set because in their spare time they've done the fixtures quicker than the FL could manage it

The FL normally start preparation for the following seasons fixtures with all 72 clubs (and the Prem League at the same time) in the Sep/Oct. beforehand.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Football League confirm, again, it was a hoax. Not a leak, not a first draft, not something someone left on the train.

[tweet]739752325150085121[/tweet]
[tweet]739752704822677504[/tweet]
[tweet]739753172210683904[/tweet]

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm not sure that is a fake, it would have taken days to compile such a comprehensive PDF ???

Someone's obviously done it using a computer program - just put in the variables, certain conditions, and list of dates and away you go... Still have to format it all though, I guess, but probably not as much work as it looks.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Someone's obviously done it using a computer program - just put in the variables, certain conditions, and list of dates and away you go... Still have to format it all though, I guess, but probably not as much work as it looks.
I suspect it's possible to rip the fixtures off a football manager type program.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Shame, I was happy with the hoax fixtures :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 222

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What sad goon spent literally hours of their life compiling that?

It isn't rocket science for a programmer to write a little program that does some number crunching and comes out with a list. Someone could even have done it as a college project. Doesn't have to take hours and hours.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm not sure that is a fake, it would have taken days to compile such a comprehensive PDF ???

Eeeh, its reasonably simple to knock together a fixture list given the data and some matching logic. Of course it is harder to knock something together that, say, ensures Villa and Birmingham are never at home on the same day.

Or is it?

Hmm, I might have a crack at building something to generate fixture lists.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Good to hear this is a fake list - I wasn't liking the look of that run-in in April ! Am now hoping the genuine list gives us an away game on 27th August as I'll be out of the country then !

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Eeeh, its reasonably simple to knock together a fixture list given the data and some matching logic. Of course it is harder to knock something together that, say, ensures Villa and Birmingham are never at home on the same day.

Or is it?

Hmm, I might have a crack at building something to generate fixture lists.

I'm not sure it's that easy, there are a lot of other rules needed to be built in - infinite loop territory

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The FL normally start preparation for the following seasons fixtures with all 72 clubs (and the Prem League at the same time) in the Sep/Oct. beforehand.

They might start but they can't really make any meaningful progress until they know who is in which division.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Good to hear this is a fake list - I wasn't liking the look of that run-in in April ! Am now hoping the genuine list gives us an away game on 27th August as I'll be out of the country then !

International break that weekend??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here