Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Five countries you detested visiting and would never return to.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Abu Dhabi.

Well, the airport.

I left a plane on a stopover just to visit the toilet and was followed around by a little man who I thought was disturbingly cruising me, then realised he was some sort of official on a drug watch.

Totally freaked me out.

Struggling to think of a country I've been too that didn't have some redeeming qualities. The best I can do is Denmark, which seemed a bit characterless, but I was on a work trip

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Only one - Dubai. Worked there for a short time, although not short enough. It's a place with no redeeming features, looks like Croydon but several degrees hotter. No matter how bad my life gets, I can console myself with the thought that I'll never have to go to Dubai again

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I must stand up for Belgium,nice people and wonderful beer. There is no room for hate in my life.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Struggling to think of a country I've been too that didn't have some redeeming qualities. The best I can do is Denmark, which seemed a bit characterless, but I was on a work trip

Favourite place I've been yet in the world. Aarhus - the city I stayed in - was absolutely overflowing with culture.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can tell I would absolutely hate Dubai.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Mallia Crete and Playas Americas Tenerife ,things you do when your younger:rolleyes:Cyprus,though that was more to do with having to escape from one of the chaps with us rather than the place.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Only one - Dubai. Worked there for a short time, although not short enough. It's a place with no redeeming features, looks like Croydon but several degrees hotter. No matter how bad my life gets, I can console myself with the thought that I'll never have to go to Dubai again

Yep. My Sister lived there a few years due to her husbands work. We all met up there for Christmas one year. Nothing to do except shop or go to their massively underwhelming beaches. Really was a dull dull characterless place.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
1/ Spain
2/ Spain
3/ Spain
4/ Spain
5/ Spain

Really not keen on the place at all.

Up currently sitting on a balcony on Conil Spain. My favourite holiday destination, my third time.

It's lovely here. Where the Spanish go on holiday

First time I was here it was a bit Guardian Reader but luckily they appear to have disappeared too.

Friendly, laid back, clean, beautiful golden beaches, perfect.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Been to some utter crap-holes, but all have fond memories for one reason or another.
Having said that, if I am never to return to either Brunei or Djibouti, then I won't lose any sleep.
Ah, also, India. Not my cup of Darjeeling I'm afraid.

mattricketts

Jul 14, 2010
I have been to Egypt 3 times now. The 1st time was great, the 2nd time was ok and the 3rd time was in May just gone and it was CRAP!!!! don't plan on going again anymore either!!! Anyone recommend where next? me, the wife and 2 kids aged 6 and 9???? (have done Disney Florida, and very expensive!)

Stumpy Tim

Been to some utter crap-holes, but all have fond memories for one reason or another.
Having said that, if I am never to return to either Brunei or Djibouti, then I won't lose any sleep.
Ah, also, India. Not my cup of Darjeeling I'm afraid.

Brunei and India for me too. Brunei as it's horribly bland, and India for a number of reasons.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Favourite place I've been yet in the world. Aarhus - the city I stayed in - was absolutely overflowing with culture.

I went to Aarhus once. Very nice. It was just after the MS Estonia sank though, so everybody was depressed.

Love the antithesis of the Top 5 Countries of The World survey.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?305258-Your-Top-5-Countries-In-The-World

Been racking my brains as to which countries I hate that I wouldn't go back to. Really can't think of any. Been to some places that are a bit bland eg Denmark, Isle of Man. Some countries that are tips eg Egypt - but if I was given a free holiday, to those places wouldn't turn it down.

There is beauty everywhere!

Last edited:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Russia, people there are universally miserable, rude, unfriendly, racist and violent.
Serbia, as above but worse.
Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, UAE the entire region really, nothing to see but rock and sand and no real redeeming features.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here