Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First trip Home, a little advice.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The Open House by London Road train station does a nice bit of grub....then jump on the train to Falmer.

A civilised way of doing things.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Very true, The White Hart has been crap for a long time now... Any definitive news on the magistrates court hotel yet?

Agree - Shelly's used to be a good hotel to use in Lewes, albeit pricey. Not sure what it's like these days though

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
The Open House by London Road train station does a nice bit of grub....then jump on the train to Falmer.

A civilised way of doing things.

Yes, and no. In my experience you really need to time it right. On more than one occasion pre-match it hasn't actually been physically possible to get on to the train at London Rd

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Agree - Shelly's used to be a good hotel to use in Lewes, albeit pricey. Not sure what it's like these days though

Shelly's is owned by our local infamous Dutch resident I believe!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
How come threads like this always turn into a real ale **** fest, even when that wasn't on the OPs criteria?

Frankly I'm surprised the Schumaker thread hasn't descended into "hey have they taken him to the hospital in Grenoble? It's all fizzy lager in the visitors bar there. They would have been far better off leaving him at the village hospital in Moutiers. They serve a decent pint of Olde Yeti Breath in there, plus a few guest ales too, available on draught or drip."

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not certain why but not a huge fan of the place personally. To me it feels like your sitting in a shop and not a pub. Some great folk drink in there though :)

Some odd football pictures in the gents , do they still have a Swindon Town picture on the wall?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How come threads like this always turn into a real ale **** fest, even when that wasn't on the OPs criteria?

Frankly I'm surprised the Schumaker thread hasn't descended into "hey have they taken him to the hospital in Grenoble? It's all fizzy lager in the visitors bar there. They would have been far better off leaving him at the village hospital in Moutiers. They serve a decent pint of Olde Yeti Breath in there, plus a few guest ales too, available on draught or drip."

What's your point??:lolol:

The OP hasn't come back and told us he doesn't like real ale!!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Ah.. I didn't know that. Assume that's a fairly recent development?

A couple of years now.

I'm no expert on his affairs but have heard that he's the money behind the place. It may not be 100% accurate info but it's widely rumoured among these parts.

theboybilly

I'd stay in Lewes just for the convenience alone. It's not a real strain travelling from Brighton to Falmer by train but you have to leave before 2 o'clock or they will be rammed (even earlier if possible) From Lewes it is so much easier in my opinion.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Any definitive news on the magistrates court hotel yet?

The plans were thrown out but I expect they'll try again. A super pub there will be awful for the town.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'd stay in Lewes just for the convenience alone. It's not a real strain travelling from Brighton to Falmer by train but you have to leave before 2 o'clock or they will be rammed (even earlier if possible) From Lewes it is so much easier in my opinion.

My point entirely, but bring some cans :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here