Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First trip Home, a little advice.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There's a Premier Inn in Burgess hill. It's a bit far out, away from the station, and in the middle of an industrial estate, so the location isn't great, but its a reasonable standard if nothing else is available, and only c15-20 minutes by train from Brighton

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Hi Guys,
I don't post on here a huge a amount but thought this would be the best place to seek advice.

On 22nd February I will be taking my first trip to the Amex...at last! Living in Lincolnshire its not been financially viable until recently so its been away games only for a few years but now I'm finally going to go :)

I'll be coming down on the Friday afternoon with my girlfriend and looking at staying in a B&B/Hotel for 2 nights with the game on the Saturday and leaving Sunday afternoon.

So the advice I would like is....

1.) Any suggestions on where to stay?
2.) On the Saturday would I be best driving to a park and ride or getting the train from Brighton Station to the game?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks in advance!

I don't live too far from you if you want to travel down in future I sometimes drive sometimes train it if that helps . Have a great weekend!

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Yes, I have a similar problem when I go to a home match. I have tried quite a few accoms in Brighton & Hove - and usually been unhappy with price or noise or both. We did stay at Castle Inn in Bramber a while ago and found it friendly, reasonably priced. For the footy, you can park at Mill Road then. The free travel zone includes Eastbourne - you get much better value for money there (Our current favourite is Coast B&B - Late evening meal at the Marine )

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, I have a similar problem when I go to a home match. I have tried quite a few accoms in Brighton & Hove - and usually been unhappy with price or noise or both. We did stay at Castle Inn in Bramber a while ago and found it friendly, reasonably priced. For the footy, you can park at Mill Road then. The free travel zone includes Eastbourne - you get much better value for money there (Our current favourite is Coast B&B - Late evening meal at the Marine )

The free travel zone starts at Seaford/Lewes not Eastbourne.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I think it would be better to go to Lewes and catch the train down from there, its a lot quieter than going on the Brighton-Falmer cattle trucks. Only downside is that good beer is hard to find in Lewes.

Is that a 'whoosh' comment? Or are you not aware that Harvey's is served all over town?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Wishful thinking it's seaford or lewes going east.

Another vote for lewes imo what's the point in travelling so far and then driving to a park and ride get the train and enjoy a beer

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Wishful thinking it's seaford or lewes going east.

Another vote for lewes imo what's the point in travelling so far and then driving to a park and ride get the train and enjoy a beer

Oh right - my apologies - I have been paying then. Still reckon that accommodation value in Eastbourne makes it worth considering - Mind you - is there a Premier Inn in Lewes now? (Previously I found Lewes quite expensive to stay - although a really nice place)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hi Guys,
I don't post on here a huge a amount but thought this would be the best place to seek advice.

On 22nd February I will be taking my first trip to the Amex...at last! Living in Lincolnshire its not been financially viable until recently so its been away games only for a few years but now I'm finally going to go :)

I'll be coming down on the Friday afternoon with my girlfriend and looking at staying in a B&B/Hotel for 2 nights with the game on the Saturday and leaving Sunday afternoon.

So the advice I would like is....

1.) Any suggestions on where to stay?
2.) On the Saturday would I be best driving to a park and ride or getting the train from Brighton Station to the game?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks in advance!
My youngest son and his missus went down for the midweek fixture against Watford last season and stayed at the Premier Inn in Newhaven. If you book early there are some cheap prices available on a room only basis (Sainsbury's is only a short walk away to buy food) You can use the buses to get to the game by showing the bus driver your match ticket - take a number 12 to Old Steine , walk across the traffic lights and jump on a number 25.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If you book ASAP, you can stay in the Travel Lodge, Hickstead for £28.00 p/n and get the train for free down to Falmer.

Won't find a cheaper option than that.

Edit: Free parking at that Travel Lodge. Bonus.

Seems a good deal, but there is no train station at Hickstead!

Handily placed to drive down to Mill Road PR tho' :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm not a fan of Harvey's but that doesn't mean that you can't get a decent pint in Lewes!

It is a struggle though, an awful lot of pubs in close proximity but not much variation, was close to drinking lager if it had not been for some rogue Hepworth's.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
It is a struggle though, an awful lot of pubs in close proximity but not much variation, was close to drinking lager if it had not been for some rogue Hepworth's.

Depends where you go... Lewes Arms and The Brewers usually have a decent choice. Ellie, The Royal Oak... The Lamb serves a decent Guiness too:mad:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Lewes Arms, selling HSB on my last visit.
Gardeners Arms, usually have plenty of choice.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
White Hart Hotel in Lewes (on the very excellent Travel Republic site) has two nights that weekend with free parking and breakfast at £71 a night. Five minute walk from Lewes station - and about ten minutes walk from the Harveys brewery :thumbsup:

Shame the white hart is slowly catching up with the crown for the worse hotel in Lewes.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Depends where you go... Lewes Arms and The Brewers usually have a decent choice. Ellie, The Royal Oak... The Lamb serves a decent Guiness too:mad:

....and the black horse has a range of ales, then there's the Pelham arms....

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Very good point you can do Jury Inn for £155 for two nights as a "special" so not sure if that includes parking / breakfast

Yep...I had a Saturday night there at the beginning of December...cost £70....but no parking or breakfast...we parked in Lancing at father in laws place and caught train in...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here