Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First time part 3 (gigs)

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Hmmm. I am super jealous of this one.....

Bet they were superb.

As a mere 14 year old, and not having anything to judge them against, I didn't quite appreciate at the time what I was witnessing/how influential they were to become. But yes, superb, particularly my favourite track to this day Autobahn!!

Rainbow, Brighton Centre Autumn '79 I think. They were touring "Down To Earth", Cozy Powell on Drums, Graham Bonnet vocals. Good, but nowhere near as good as Thin Lizzy a few months later - I am still convinced that Phil Lynott was the greatest Heavy Rock frontman ever - I think the term "cool as f*ck" was invented for him.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Pretenders, 1981.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
UK subs, Fulham Greyhound under 18s gig 1978.

In fact the last gig I went to was the UK subs at the Haunt in Brighton 2 weeks ago...

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Cast at the Brighton Centre East Wing in the summer of 1995. They were supported by Heavy Stereo who had Gem Archer in their ranks who went onto join Oasis and then Beady Eye...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Fozzy/Drowning Pool at Concorde 2 in Brighton, April 2013.

Certainly neither of them are my kind of music on the whole, but because load of my mates were going I thought why not! Was a chance to see Chris Jericho (The WWE wrestler and Fozzy's frontman) perform plus Drowning Pool for their big hit "Bodies" it was a decent night. Downside was the torrential rain we had to walk in from the station to get there plus the detours we had to make walking there due to setting up for the Brighton Marathon the next day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here