First Gig at the Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I've just heard a very strong rumour that the Rolling Stones are pencilled in for this,with the Wurzels as support.I talk to myself a lot.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Celebration of all things Brighton.

Has to be the Who performing Quadrophenia for me!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Stadium rock is shite. Bands that play stadium rock are usually sell-out shite.

The Cure? Past it and not a stadium band
Levellers? Past it and not a stadium band
FBS? What, in a stadium? Crap idea. And he's past it.
The Who? 2 are dead and of the other 2 who are still alive, one's a paedo and the other's voice is shot to pieces.
Led Zep? Past it long long long ago
Pearl Jam? Past it and Eddie Vedder's best stuff in the last ten years has been solo stuff or collaborations away from PJ.
Michael Buble? Music for people who aren't into music. That might work.
U2? I'd rather wear a Palace top and go down on Jo Brand whilst being fisted by Jeremy Hardy than listen to Bono.
Muse? Much much better at huge festivals with crowds that sweep out as far as the eye can see and a PA system you can hear for miles. (as long as they don't play their last album. Didn't care for it much)
Kasabian? hahahahaha! With Toploader supporting no doubt. That would be my dream team. Blandness personified.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I LOVE music snobs.

"If it's in a stadium it'll be shit"

ridiculous statement. A stadium is a FIELD with stands around it. People seem to have an idea that somehow those standing won't generate as much atmosphere.

Muse live is just a pure spectacle of brilliance. Saying it will be bad because it's not a festivle is really quite short sighted.

And also the 'sell out' line. ANY band that pretends they are not a sell-out and 'for the music, not the money" are clearly up their own arse or acknowledging that people are mad enough to believe that.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I LOVE music snobs.

"If it's in a stadium it'll be shit"

ridiculous statement. A stadium is a FIELD with stands around it. People seem to have an idea that somehow those standing won't generate as much atmosphere.

Muse live is just a pure spectacle of brilliance. Saying it will be bad because it's not a festivle is really quite short sighted.

And also the 'sell out' line. ANY band that pretends they are not a sell-out and 'for the music, not the money" are clearly up their own arse or acknowledging that people are mad enough to believe that.

I hate stadium rock because I have seen many bands in many stadia and either they have all been rubbish or the atmosphere has been rubbish. In my experience, bands that thrive in stadia environments are sell-outs. I can't quantify it but there you go. I also am not keen on seeing bands go through the motions with yet another greatest hits performance.

I really like Muse and they are brilliant live, I agree and commented as such. You must have missed it. Festivals are completely different to stadia and generate a completely different vibe.

It's all about opinions and that's mine.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Muse are all moving to London at the moment to record their next album. The last one was launched at the Seaside Rendezvous concerts in their home town of Teignmouth - and that was a truly magical weekend.

Seaside Rendezvous II at the Amex would be spot on - with FBS opening of course!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm firmly in the Buzzer camp.

But to be honest, this is an event for the families and kids, and not for music snobbishness- not that a spectacle entertaining to kids and good music have to be mutually exclusive.

Micheal Buble would be rock bottom though, if it's either them or Kasabian or someone like the Zutons I'll turn up 5 minutes before the start of the game.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
No Gigs Please!

:wrong:
I hate stadium rock because I have seen many bands in many stadia and either they have all been rubbish or the atmosphere has been rubbish. In my experience, bands that thrive in stadia environments are sell-outs. I can't quantify it but there you go. I also am not keen on seeing bands go through the motions with yet another greatest hits performance.

I really like Muse and they are brilliant live, I agree and commented as such. You must have missed it. Festivals are completely different to stadia and generate a completely different vibe.

Don't want loads of Emo's puking up in our new toilets, graffittiing our new renderered walls and bleeding on our brandnew concourse flooring!!!:wrong:

It's all about opinions and that's mine.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Don't want loads of Emo's puking up in our new toilets, graffittiing our new renderered walls and bleeding on our brandnew concourse flooring!!

garethlewes

Nov 9, 2010
I thought that Norman had defo said he would do the first gig?

Kasabian would be immense though!

KASABIAN, what with their old stuff being ok and now their crummy mainstream rubbish that just sounds as monotonous as everything else on the radio. FBS would be awesome but Muse would be the best I would be straight down there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports