Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First FA Cup Final You Watched?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
1971 arsenal v. liverpool

in colour too,most vivid memory, charlie george lying on his back after crashing in the winner

it used to be the biggest club game in the world back then,big shame an average champions league game is seen as far more important these days

checked it out on wiki and liverpool had no fewer than 9 english players in their team!

1971 FA Cup Final - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Stains v Manure for me, 76 I think.. I will happily support any side against the Mancs!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
1952 Newcastle with the 2 Robledo brothers beat Arsenal 1 - 0 but Arsenal played part of the first half and all the 2nd with 10 men as Wally Barnes was carried off injured and at that time substitutes didnt exist.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
West ham - fulham 1975

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
First one I remember is the 1973 Sunderland v Leeds final though I've been told I also watched the 1970 Leeds v Chelsea final with my grandparents though I have no recollection at all.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Chelsea in 67! Through oddly I was invited for tea by my Granny's landlady in 75 who reached over and gave me an envelope with a little something for you my dear! Mad old bat I thought slipping it in my pocket for later. Got home and opened it, TWO FINAL TICKETS FOR WEST HAM V FULHAM. Result!!! Late husband was a director.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here