Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Film Weekly

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've set to record BBC4's Storyville tonight. The Queen of Versaille. It was only on at the cinema late last year for a week here or there and i missed it. It concerns this lavish and cartoonish former billionaire couple who've had a financial collapse and had to reposition themselves somewhere in the real world again. The review i read a while back tickled me when it mentioned that the wife of the piece all shoulder-padded and a big bag of surgeries rents a car from run-of-the-mill Hertz when disboarding a standard airline flight and asks them at the desk: and who will my driver be today?
Should be a good un.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've set to record BBC4's Storyville tonight. The Queen of Versaille. It was only on at the cinema late last year for a week here or there and i missed it. It concerns this lavish and cartoonish former billionaire couple who've had a financial collapse and had to reposition themselves somewhere in the real world again. The review i read a while back tickled me when it mentioned that the wife of the piece all shoulder-padded and a big bag of surgeries rents a car from run-of-the-mill Hertz when disboarding a standard airline flight and asks them at the desk: and who will my driver be today?
Should be a good un.

Me too. I caught a trailer for it on some rented film or other, and it looked quite interesting.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Watched a few very old films recently, and subsequently ordered them on DVD, sorry Postman!

- Dam Busters - 8
- Escape To Victory - 8
- The Longest Day - 9
- The Great Escape - 9.5
- Italian Job (1969) - 8.5

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
-Dead Man's Shoes(after it was recommended on here). Not bad. 6.587/10
-50 Dead Men Walking (BBC 1 last night). Awful performance from English actor with big hooter. 6.459/10
-Friday Night Lights Good adaptation of the book, but the book was better. 6.123/10

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Does anyone know what the difference is between, The Great Escape and The Great Escape: World Cup Edition?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It seems we have a fairly stellar Friday and Saturday, bloke film weekend (I chucked in a bit of Doris for the little lady):-

Southern Comfort.
Three Kings
The Big Lebowski
Heartbreak Ridge (well it's Clint innit)
---
The Men Who Stare at Goats (not seen it)
Toy Story 2
Jurassic Park
Gremlins
The Man Who Knew Too Much
Dog Soliders
Ful Metal Jacket.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Shrek the Third - BBC Three - 5mins
LoTR Return of the King - Film4 - 9pm