Film 2008

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Were there any explosions or robots that transformed into helicopters though ?.

Do they even compare to seeing Mirren in the buff? She may be 30 odd years my senior, but by heck she would (have the honour of) get it.

helen_mirren_bikini_00.jpg

Just watched Donnie Darko, I didn't have a clue about the film b4 seeing it, we picked it up off freecycle.

What an absolute classic.

Did he have an absolute classic last dream of his life, was he just a twisted head, did he have access to time travel,

was he just a loser and loner or for once he had 20 days of joy.

Who knows, great. Good 80's music.

Drew Barrymore, she's ok, looks dirty some times, but can't see why she's highly rated?

In the late 8's for me.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Twilight - cinematography is awesome, looks like a gap advert the whole way through. Acting was adequate. Scripting - horrendous! Pattinson - hot. 7.8

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Che - Part one

Powerhouse performance from Bencio Del Toro, really shows the struggle the rebels went through right up to the battle of Santa Clara. Surprised if he doesn't at least get nominated for an Oscar after this. Can't wait for part 2!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Going to see Slumdog Millionaire tonight.

Also, saw the classic Bicycle Thieves a few weeks back on the big screen. Brilliant film.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Sideways - fantastic road movie with a difference. Truly excellent. 8.7.

The first time i saw that was as an in-flight movie coming back from Canada one time.

The "trying to crash the car into the tree" scene was the only time in 35-odd years of flying I've ever heard everyone on board a plane laugh out loud at the same time...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Where is the Film 2009 thread ?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Magnolia - 10

FInally saw this after loving all the rest of PT Anderson's work. It didn't dissapoint, and whilst I'm not sure I fully understood the point of the raining frogs, it didn't put me off, whilst the rest of the film was exceptional.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports