Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Film 2008

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I suppose you speak to people like that in the pub then ?. Why can't you just debate the film without insults and assumption ?.
I always speak my mind US.If thats in a boozer and i feel it's appropriate
then yes.Cheer up man.

It was a bit too wordy and took an age to get going with the clock reading 1 h 20 m when some action started ( after the action packed start0

You said it here,thats not an assumption but a fact.You praised QOS because it kick off from the start.You give the impression of the films you like as stated.
Either that or you need to choose you words a bit better in write ups.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was slow for long portions of the film. If I want to watch a slow film I will watch Remains of the Day again.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I hardly ever watch films but a few weeks ago i watched the "illusionist"
A great twist at the end and a watchable film.

8/10

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
The ending was a little strange though I thought it made sense. The first phone conversation between Gleeson and Fiennes was my favourite bit.

"How can't he be liking it? It's like it's a f***ing fairy tale.."

Karate chopping the midget in the neck is a good bit too.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You call that abuse:laugh:

If i started to abuse you US you would most certainly go off line for 2 weeks.Get off your soap box.I was highlighting a fact which you obviously didn't like.Don't get so touchy my dear boy.
I'm off to give my missus one.See ya :laugh:

Oh do shut up. If you had any idea how much of a tool you come across as you would feel quite embarrased.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What did he do with the other 10 and a half minutes thats what I want to know ?.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My point about an action fil is that I expect to see ACTION. Batman is all about action and big explosions not some Shakespearean word epic. Don't get me wrong the Dark Knight is very good but I want to see Christian Bale kicking some serious but for most of the film.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Without being accused of being personal and i know it's personal taste and that, but i really can't understand how anyone could think Quantum of Solace is better than Dark Knight

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Keaton I really enjoyed them both. My opinion may chance and The Dark Knight is more of a grower so in a year it could all change. My point being Quantum of Solace was a good film much better than stated.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Embarrassingly, I watched The Godfather for the first time last night (i'm 30 by the way - it's just passed me by a bit...).

Thought it was fantastic - can really understand the hype now.
9/10

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
One Fine Day
A decent romantic comedy, made better by the two leads, mainly George Clooney 7.1

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Iron Man

This film has had very good reviews and I have been meaning to watch it for some time.

It has some very good moments with the Iron Man kicking some serious Taliban arse. They did not refer to the people as the Taliban but as it was based in Afghanistan and featured various " cloth heads " , sorry unpc it did not take a genius to figure this out.

The majority of the worldwide box office , over 50% was from the US and it make have struck a chord of kicking the terrorists arses. It turned in the last 30 minutes in Transformers and any meaningful comment on the World went into a kick arse Robot fest.

There were many loose ends left untied up like the story with the Terrorists which was the drive of the film and forgotten for the last 30 minutes.

It was a good film but had flaws so I will give it a

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
9.3 ?. Have you been on the Sherry Paul ?.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
9.3 ?. Have you been on the Sherry Paul ?.

Port, my dear man, Port.

There are some superb performances from the ladies. It is a heartwarming story that can teach each and every man (or woman) a thing or two. It might not have had any car chases, but it carries an important message.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Were there any explosions or robots that transformed into helicopters though ?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here