Bugger. That was some delivery from Lyon

Cook b Lyon 22

Eng 30/1

TEA

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bugger indeed. Very disappointing. Let's hope Joe Root can do it again!

I think from your earlier post you are there right? Without the benefit of seeing the replays on Sky, you may not appreciate how much it turned. Not quite Warne -> Gatting, but pitched around leg and clipped the top of off.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ridiculous shot selection. such a shame as he'd done the hard bit of getting past the opening overs, a bit of spin, then plays a shot like that to a loosener from Siddles second ball :nono:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd guess Lyth has one final innings to prolong his test career.

Yep, unless he goes big or bats long in the 2nd innings, that's his test career done.

I've defended him and wanted to him to have a chance, but when you spoon an 80mph long hop loosener to mid on like a school boy no.9 with the game in this situation, then it's curtains for you as it is a real demonstration of a lack of mental strength at this level.

He's got out to some good balls this series, but he's also got out to some nothing deliveries, none more so than that one.

We've dropped several openers in Carberry and Compton who really have shown more than Lyth has done. Real shame as I had high hopes for him.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
As Lyth trots off at the Oval a certain Hales is 177 no from 200 balls for Notts against Warickshire.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bloody hell. Could end up following-on here :eek:

Bairstow c Lyon b Johnson 13

Eng 83/5 trail by 398

larus

Welcome New England.....

Same as the Old England.....

Out batting is just weak really.
Cook is good.
Root, obviously.

Bairstow, still unproven at test level.
Bell, occasional good series, but poor spells not uncommon.
Ballance, potential, but needs to iron out some issues.
Butler, not delivered yet. Play your natural game FFS.

We've relied upon middle/tail-end contributions to build our scores. We're just not getting enough good platforms. The bowlers have caused the damage and masked the overall weakness in the batting.

We also need a spinner; not a batsman who can spin it a bit. I'd have played Rashid here, but I suppose I know jack-sh*t.

We're a long way from a good team yet. Several very good players, some players with potentail and others who are "better than what's been tried before". I think thewinter tours could be very tough...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Okay, who has the betting fix in!!??

We're gifting wickets here, if it wasn't so laughable, you would think there was something going on!!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Another 3 day test then. Never mind,we've won the ashes for a 4th successive time in England and stuffed the Aussies in our 3 wins in a similar scale to the beating we took at Lords and the probable beating here.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Another 3 day test then. Never mind,we've won the ashes for a 4th successive time in England and stuffed the Aussies in our 3 wins in a similar scale to the beating we took at Lords and the probable beating here.
yup funny old series with batting sides collapsing and matches not going to five days......oh well at least we won three so we have less problems than Australia (just)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here