Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS Barnes!!!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Played on the wing for years... called average
Played in his natural position that was obvious for all to see... scores vital equaliser away at Man City.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Fair enough, I shouldn't resort to name calling. Just keep spouting your shite and we'll all think it rather than say it.
Whats shite about my comments?Seems pretty normal to me???

Or is it because I have a diffrent opinion in which you don't like?

Least we agree that name calling is unnecessary to an extent on here...Im more than happy to meet anyone on here for some fisty cuffs :lolol:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Idiots who booed him at the Amex, idiots.

One sat along from me, quite obviously couldn't spot talent from his own ********.
Exactly. However I think even worse are the people saying "well I'll admit I was wrong, he was quite good after all". I know everyone's entitled to their opinions but I do sometimes wish that those who know **** all about football and wouldn't recognise a decent footballer all the while they've got holes in their arses would shut the **** up once in a while.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly. However I think even worse are the people saying "well I'll admit I was wrong, he was quite good after all". I know everyone's entitled to their opinions but I do sometimes wish that those who know **** all about football and wouldn't recognise a decent footballer all the while they've got holes in their arses would shut the **** up once in a while.

I haven't seen a single post from anyone admitting they were wrong about Barnes :shrug:

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Not sure we even tried, rumour has it we offered him way less than other first teamers, hence the "need to feel wanted" comments when he left. He wasn't referring to the retards who gave him stick from the stands was he?

He was getting quite down before he left. Combination of things I'd guess and the effect of being booed weekly by your own fans on your confidence and mindset can't be underestimated. I remember cringing when he scored two, set up one and then was rewarded by a massively loud boo from a sizeable proportion of the AMEX when he won MOTM against Blackburn. This was after being catcalled when he decided to take a penalty.

Anyway I'm absolutely delighted for him, really nice chap and a true pro.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Whats shite about my comments?Seems pretty normal to me???

Or is it because I have a diffrent opinion in which you don't like?

Least we agree that name calling is unnecessary to an extent on here...Im more than happy to meet anyone on here for some fisty cuffs :lolol:
Having a difference of opinions is fine, and is of course absolutely natural, but bear in mind most people here watch the team play regularly and therefore have a more rounded opinion of what's going on.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Barnes suffered within our fanbase because:

1) He wasn't as good a finisher as Murray
2) He wasn't as good at holding the ball or heading as Ulloa
3) He wasn't as pacy as Lua Lua or Buckley
4) He wasn't as talented as Vicente
5) He wasn't as skilful as Orlandi
6) He didn't have the range of passing as Spanish Dave

He suffered because he was regarded as inferior to all our other front players at that time, and a certain section of fans just didn't understand what he did bring to the table.

1) He gave 100% every game and played with passion
2) His finishing was probably on a par with Ulloa, and only just behind Muzza
3) He raised his game even more for the bigger games.
4) His defensive qualities on the left side of midfield were key to our formation
5) His crossing was actually pretty good (see Ulloa diving header v Arsenal)
6) His penalty taking was good compared to anyone but SD
7) He scored important goals, and was SO close to scoring in THAT game twice.

We were spoilt for talent back then, but can anyone hand on heart say they wouldn't have him back here now?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
What are the chances that Barnes will score more in the Premiership this season than CMS will in the Championship?

And he's still only 25 with the best years ahead of him.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Barnes suffered within our fanbase because:

1) He wasn't as good a finisher as Murray
2) He wasn't as good at holding the ball or heading as Ulloa
3) He wasn't as pacy as Lua Lua or Buckley
4) He wasn't as talented as Vicente
5) He wasn't as skilful as Orlandi
6) He didn't have the range of passing as Spanish Dave

He suffered because he was regarded as inferior to all our other front players at that time, and a certain section of fans just didn't understand what he did bring to the table.

1) He gave 100% every game and played with passion
2) His finishing was probably on a par with Ulloa, and only just behind Muzza
3) He raised his game even more for the bigger games.
4) His defensive qualities on the left side of midfield were key to our formation
5) His crossing was actually pretty good (see Ulloa diving header v Arsenal)
6) His penalty taking was good compared to anyone but SD
7) He scored important goals, and was SO close to scoring in THAT game twice.

We were spoilt for talent back then, but can anyone hand on heart say they wouldn't have him back here now?

Good post and point well made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here