Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS Barnes!!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
"He'll never play in the PL". Oh, he does.
"He'll never get a PL game in the Burnley first eleven". He does, regularly.
"He won't be able to score against PL defences". He does.
"Glad he left, I always preferred CMS anyway". Mmmm ... 'great' knowledge of football.

Good old Barnes, proving the noisy hating minority wrong, whilst earning a well deserved good income for his family.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Ash has always raised his game to the level of whatever league he's played in. Delighted to see him scoring in the Prem and wish we had players with his tenacity and ability to find the net.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Personally I feel thoroughly vindicated for sticking up for him week in and week out. Go Ash - I'm delighted for you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gonna keep getting better too. Top business by the PLR club who thought we did well to get 750k

I can take NSCers being blind to his talents but it really pisses me off that the club ****ed up in what is looking like a Glenn Murray topper

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
He was hounded out - The slaters knocked him till they got what they wanted and how we could have done with him since then

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gonna keep getting better too. Top business by the PLR club who thought we did well to get 750k

To be fair, he was never going to sign a contract was he. Maybe we should have let his contract run down and he could have been the difference but we will never know

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I did have a chuckle at the 'previous highlights' footage v Reading, on Boxing Day.

Barnes missed a header that was easier to score.

NSC's reaction + subsequent Premier League goals = mild amusement.

For the record I was probably the only person in Team Meh when it came to Barnes.
Until he 'kicked' the ref and got his long ban when we had no other fit strikers.
From that point I went down what would appear to be the wrong side of history.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Said he was a good player with potential and he is proving it.

Thing is, he was going to leave, so we of course took the decision to cash in instead of getting nothing (RE Murray) especially as we still had Ulloa at the time.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
He left because Burke and Bloom wouldn't give him a better contract,
not because of anything written on here.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I did have a chuckle at the 'previous highlights' footage v Reading, on Boxing Day.

For the record I was probably the only person in Team Meh when it came to Barnes.
Until he 'kicked' the ref and got his long ban when we had no other fit strikers.

He didn't kick the ref though.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To be fair, he was never going to sign a contract was he. Maybe we should have let his contract run down and he could have been the difference but we will never know

Not sure we even tried, rumour has it we offered him way less than other first teamers, hence the "need to feel wanted" comments when he left. He wasn't referring to the retards who gave him stick from the stands was he?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I remember a game where we had a penalty and people audibly GROANED when Barnes stepped up to take it. That's a PEN for OUR football club.

Well, we look clever now. Good on him.

The bloke played out of position CONSTANTLY with absolute NONSENSE spouted about his "lack of goals".....totally ignoring the shift he put in, the distance he covered, th corners he headed away etc etc.

Would love to see him back one day. For any nostalgic reason? No, not really. PURELY because he was very good.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I wonder what his current transfer value is? Has to be at least £4m, Burnley will make a sweet, sweet fat profit on him if they decide to sell after they go down.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Funnily enough I'm in Team Meh on CMS, hope we can match the 750 k when he goes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here