Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'fess up early leavers

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'm getting over man flu, felt absolutely awful last night but sang till my voice went and even though I get up for work at 4:30 I stayed till the final whistle. Shattered this morning and my throat is killing me but worth it, so f***ing worth it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As I've said before, I had to leave early on the day of Ali Mac's penalty. Didn't want to but didn't have a choice. Been gutted about it ever since. Last night I didn't, felt like some form of therapy to have experienced it properly this time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just now from my old boss

We literally left stadium when the noise indicated the goal. I saw the goal on youtube- pretty good one. Clever decision to left early as some biker hit the car in front of our bus(first bus which left the stadium) and we stopped for few minutes but I believe that the buses after were delayed due to this accident. Straight from the game we went to bognor, picked up our bags and off we go to Luton airport as we had a plane at 5:45 am. Now in Poland knackered as f…
As departures go, this is about as clever at the Titanic leaving Southampton despite warnings.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
After the final whistle, I remembered my colleague who was there in the East with her husband and 12 year old. Hoped she'd not left early. Sadly they heard the roar while crossing over the bridge at the station. Unbelievable to make all the effort and then not be there for that truly amazing moment! I can't comprehend it and she's now pretty disappointed.
She didn't want us to win?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Bloke behind me left on 86 minutes, as he always does at every single game.

I know there can sometimes be circumstances when people need to leave early - but every match? I don't get it.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I live in Horsham and public transport is now so unreliable for a week game we have given up trying and booked a hotel so we did not have to leave early. Great decision for last night as we hung round after the final whistle for an hour but what a crap situation that in the 21st century you cant rely on public transport to travel 20 miles.

Jul 7, 2003
Not sure I've ever seen so many people still at their seats as the players took the plaudits after the final whistle since the Wigan game.
I needed a pee (too much Bovril and water, I know how to party!) so waited a couple of minutes but then went to the WSU Gents when FFD started playing. No queues, walked straight to a space at the urinals unlike the usual people queueing three or four deep after a game.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Said it before, say it again. Far better to watch 85 minutes of a live match (or 75, or 65, 55, or even 45) than to watch 90 minutes plus added time of a game on the telly
Completely disagree. If you win then you miss the best part. I'd far rather watch the game on TV with all the advantages that brings, than watch everything except the best bit live, and still have to faff around with public transport / weather / cost etc.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Completely disagree. If you win then you miss the best part. I'd far rather watch the game on TV with all the advantages that brings, than watch everything except the best bit live, and still have to faff around with public transport / weather / cost etc.
But...but... what about the Cauldron?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here