Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'fess up early leavers

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There were a few who left on 85 minutes near us.

I’m all for live and let live, and feel that nobody should ever have to answer to anyone else for how they choose to live their life.

But I found it incomprehensible.
Those who live a long distance from the Amex have explained before, on here, the difference those five minutes can make to their long slog home. I can certainly understand it. So this post isn't to ridicule nor poke fun at them - let's be kind.

I'm more interested in the stories of legging it towards the station or the car park and hearing the roof come off the Amex behind you, and the like.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
After the final whistle, I remembered my colleague who was there in the East with her husband and 12 year old. Hoped she'd not left early. Sadly they heard the roar while crossing over the bridge at the station. Unbelievable to make all the effort and then not be there for that truly amazing moment! I can't comprehend it and she's now pretty disappointed.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
One next to me 1st minute of injury time

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Those who live a long distance from the Amex have explained before, on here, the difference those five minutes can make to their long slog home. I can certainly understand it. So this post isn't to ridicule nor poke fun at them - let's be kind.

I'm more interested in the stories of legging it towards the station or the car park and hearing the roof come off the Amex behind you, and the like.
Oh, I know, and have always ‘supported’ those people in their decision making. In no way do I hold it against them.

I just couldn’t understand how it could be possible, physically, to drag yourself out of the ground on such an iconic night.

NottinghamGull

Sep 21, 2023
Nottingham
So glad I stayed with mum in Eastbourne. Even had a couple of beers in WSU after the players had left the pitch. Although my son nearly missed trains back to London. His Uber quote was £110 to Clapham. But some useful delays and a cross platform sprint meant he made it just in time.

I’ve booked hotel rooms for 14th March (can cancel) as much better than 3am drive home. Just hope MA+ can get tickets for the home match. Don’t hold much hope for any of the away games though.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Anyone on their way home with the game at 0-0?
I've never left early but I did leave bang on the final whistle rather than stay for 'desire', as I had to give my dad a lift back to Worthing.

Seemed to be a much larger than usual early half time leavers and late returners last night than usual.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

Would have been mad to leave last night as it was on an absolute knife edge and we completely had the upper hand. I had no idea it was the 88th minute when it went in. I assumed it was about 75. Time flies eh?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Half our row and the same in the row in front had left a few mins before the goal.

Got to the Uni car park just before midnight and there was still a queue to get out too!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Half our row and the same in the row in front had left a few mins before the goal.

Got to the Uni car park just before midnight and there was still a queue to get out too!

We got to the Uni carpark but got out to the A27 for it to grind to a halt causing those queues, nasty accident involving a motorcycle causing huge tailbacks. Hope all involved are ok.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My old boss and his 12 year old son did.

They have their reasons
Probably had to go in early today because some knob who works for him saved all his 2023 holiday entitlement for Brighton’s Euro adventure and ended up with so much Annual Leave left to take that he finished for Christmas on Tuesday.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It was noticeably fuller at full time than usual.

I'm guessing the east stand had a smallerr concentration of season ticket holders and a higher proportion of people who had come to see the result.
It looke dlike there may even have been fans standing and singing.

Atmosphere was excellent for the majority of the game too.
Spurred on to compete, with the noisiest away fans I can remember.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here