Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'fess up early leavers

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
There was utter rebellion in 1901 after the goal. There seemed to be a concerted effort to stay standing until the end. Well, that felt like the start of the October revolution. Luckily, for the sake of stable society, a few old dodgers couldn’t stand-up for that long, sat down, and yelled at the rest of us to do the same. We complied without a mumble.
1901 has been good for the Euro games. There are a lot of people in there who aren't usually there. I assume some people who normally sit elsewhere decided to shell out for it for a treat. My 9 year old loved hearing shouting and swearing in there for the first time, I kept catching him giggling to himself when he heard something. Exciting times.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Clever decision to leave early. Errrrrr no mate lol.
Clever decision to miss one of the top 10 moments in Brighton's history. When he looks back in 20 years he'll think 'thank goodness I got home an hour early that night'.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
There was a bloke in front of me, just behind the North goal, that decided to play at being a statue whilst all around were loosing themselves when we scored. Literally did not move an inch, no emotion at all. He stayed until the end. I’m assuming he was French, and also surprised to see him stay.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The stewards told us the back car park at the race course was being locked up at 10.45 which was ridiculous really as it was rammed. I got there around 11 after clapping off the lads and it was about a quarter full so loads must of panicked and left early to get there before 10.45.
I bet the gates were all still unlocked? At the time the steward said this, we all said what a stupid arrangement. A game due to finish at 21.45 without added on time, and only the normal amount of buses to get to and from the ground, there was no way they could lock cars in within an hour.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Clever decision to miss one of the top 10 moments in Brighton's history. When he looks back in 20 years he'll think 'thank goodness I got home an hour early that night'.
He's not a football fan, his son thinks he supports Liverpool.
They were only there last night as I kept taking them to Albion games when tickets were readily available.
Him and his family are already in Poland, for a family Christmas...

...I'm still in bed.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A lot less early leavers last night - just goes to show not everyone does it as they live a way away or have something medical etc etc… scenes at the end incredible with lots staying behind too 🙌

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Those who live a long distance from the Amex have explained before, on here, the difference those five minutes can make to their long slog home. I can certainly understand it. So this post isn't to ridicule nor poke fun at them - let's be kind.

I'm more interested in the stories of legging it towards the station or the car park and hearing the roof come off the Amex behind you, and the like.
I never leave early and live 200 miles away, would be a waste of time travelling down just to leave early and miss the winner. Last night was no exception amazing scenes at the end. Got home at 3.30am absolutely buzzing

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If you’re not going to stay until the end, IMO there’s next to zero point in attending in the first place.
Fully agree. "Oh but I've got kids with me". Well don't take them then, simple. I just cannot fathom why anyone would spend the time, effort and money to go to football and not stay to the end. I will never understand. 3-0 down or even 3-0 up if you've got young kids with you or something then fine, leave early, you're not going to miss anything. But when there is one goal in it going into the last few minutes, I can't understand why you would take that chance away from them experiencing the very best feeling in football.

RioGrandeGull

Jan 9, 2013
Isle of Wight
I never leave early and live 200 miles away, would be a waste of time travelling down just to leave early and miss the winner. Last night was no exception amazing scenes at the end. Got home at 3.30am absolutely buzzing
No point in leaving early, I can’t rely on Southern getting me to Portsmouth to get the FastCat, and I’d end up on the ferry and be dumped several miles out in the middle of nowhere.
So better to plan in advance for the return journey….

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've never left early but I did leave bang on the final whistle rather than stay for 'desire', as I had to give my dad a lift back to Worthing.

Seemed to be a much larger than usual early half time leavers and late returners last night than usual.
Here you go

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
There were a few who left on 85 minutes near us.

I’m all for live and let live, and feel that nobody should ever have to answer to anyone else for how they choose to live their life.

But I found it incomprehensible.
yep ......all sorts of parallels but the one that fits best is flogging roger or marjorie until almost reaching climax and then stopping and putting the kettle on , each to their own i suppose but you'd think with things in the balance as they were that most straight thinking folk would stay till the end.....such is life , bet there kickin thereselves asmornin.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It seemed like hardly anyone left early yesterday which must have helped the team get the 3 points over the line.

This. Probably helped most schools/colleges have broken up or break up tomorrow so less urgency for families to leave early.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Seemed to be a much larger than usual early half time leavers and late returners last night than usual.

Think that was due a few less STH/more non-regulars coming along. Always seems to be the case at cup matches that there are more people popping out for snacks etc during play.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Those who live a long distance from the Amex have explained before, on here, the difference those five minutes can make to their long slog home. I can certainly understand it. So this post isn't to ridicule nor poke fun at them - let's be kind.

I'm more interested in the stories of legging it towards the station or the car park and hearing the roof come off the Amex behind you, and the like.
Should we start a separate thread for the purpose of ridiculing and poking fun at them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here