Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'fess up early leavers

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Said it before, say it again. Far better to watch 85 minutes of a live match (or 75, or 65, 55, or even 45) than to watch 90 minutes plus added time of a game on the telly
That depends if BHA is the centre of your universe or if you have other interests and commitments.

If we make the final or FA cup final we won’t be there as we have a wedding to attend in The Philippines

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Junior Orange and I left at full time, pretty much straight out of the Uni carpark, and home to Guildford at 11:45.

Obviously a late one for the boy on a school night, and he was appropriately grumpy this morning!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The only annoying thing about yesterday was I couldn't do my usual let's get 3 points/go through reverse joke as both applied.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Just now from my old boss

We literally left stadium when the noise indicated the goal. I saw the goal on youtube- pretty good one. Clever decision to left early as some biker hit the car in front of our bus(first bus which left the stadium) and we stopped for few minutes but I believe that the buses after were delayed due to this accident. Straight from the game we went to bognor, picked up our bags and off we go to Luton airport as we had a plane at 5:45 am. Now in Poland knackered as f…
nothing like trying to convince yourself you feel good about missing out ……

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Those who live a long distance from the Amex have explained before, on here, the difference those five minutes can make to their long slog home. I can certainly understand it. So this post isn't to ridicule nor poke fun at them - let's be kind.

I'm more interested in the stories of legging it towards the station or the car park and hearing the roof come off the Amex behind you, and the like.
Which may have somewhat backfired on those that used the Mill Road P&R !

In answer to your original question there is an old chap in front of us that always leaves on 80 minutes regardless of current score - I don't have a problem with it, just find it strange. It's like going to a film and not watching to the end - that said the only film I've ever left before the end was King Ralph - utter garbage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here