Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Female comediennes, Funny?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I would not claim such a thing. And I can't be banned, I have done nothing wrong.

Jesus didn't do anything wrong either, he still ended up on a cross.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Can't agree with the OP. Acts that have gone down a storm at our comedy club include Zoe Lyons, Jo Enright, Jenny Lockyer (songs), Jude Simpson (songs/poems) and Joanna Neary (characters).

But it's all down to personal taste. What makes one person howl with laughter leaves another cold. It's the mystery of the funny bone.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Can't agree with the OP. Acts that have gone down a storm at our comedy club include Zoe Lyons, Jo Enright, Jenny Lockyer (songs), Jude Simpson (songs/poems) and Joanna Neary (characters).

But it's all down to personal taste. What makes one person howl with laughter leaves another cold. It's the mystery of the funny bone.
Indeed. We had this yesterday (and periodically in the past) with the 'Harveys at the Amex' thread. Everybody thinks (and feels the need to say) that their taste is right and anybody who disagrees is a snob, a philistine, a bore, etc. Ditto music threads.

This evening I'm going to watch a DVD of Mrs Brown's Boys. Now she IS one funny woman!

Indeed. We had this yesterday (and periodically in the past) with the 'Harveys at the Amex' thread. Everybody thinks (and feels the need to say) that their taste is right and anybody who disagrees is a snob, a philistine, a bore, etc. Ditto music threads.

This evening I'm going to watch a DVD of Mrs Brown's Boys. Now she IS one funny woman!

I would rather try and nail my ear to a plank than experience the "comedy" of Mrs. Brown's boys. Have seen French and Saunders live, very funny, also find Miranda hilarious. ...But I guess that I am basically endorsing the first bit of the above post!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You don't think using a thread about female comics to attack Brighton on a Brighton fans forum is wrong? I take it you are member of a Palace forum?

Grow a pair Dorothy. 'attack'. Really? Attacked???? He may be a prize tit but you don't need to be such pussy.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Very few female stand up comedians are funny, certainly not consistently. I've seen many of them in conversation and they can be very funny but as far as getting up on stage and being funny, no. People will laugh at them as it's rude and awkward not to but no-one believes female stand ups are actually funny.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
That Amanda is just a total idiot " ooh look at me Im a big tall clumsy woman who falls over a lot and makes suggestive looks at the camera every now and again " watched it once AWFUL !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here