Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FC Barcelona statement on the Super League

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Details?

I am impressed by the speed the new super league has been set up and populated, give that it didn't have the approval to exist yesterday.

Is there some sort of off-the-shelf superleague that can be popped into existence whenever the opportunity arises, rather like a jelly mold?
That's all the details I could dig up at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if all this has been preplanned and had already been spoken about 'behind closed doors' whilst waiting for the legal outcome.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Q. Why is being asked what I think the ramifications might be of today’s court ruling, like a pig's tail?

A. Twirly

—-
With apologies to Noel Coward

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
Don't suppose that Barcelona and Real Madrid would start in the Blue League. Everything designed to make sure they stay at the top table. This probably results from La Liga stating a couple of seasons ago that all TV money was shared equally. Guaranteed that monies generated from this nonsense being spouted, would greatly benefit, possibly Real Madrid & Barcelona, possibly, maybe!

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
Lets face it: European club competitions have been set-up for years to make sure the BIG boys got as far as possible into the competition. Leagues, especially the big leagues have multiple entries and then instead of a straight knockout, its designed through little leagues to make sure the big boys, will, (except Man Utd) qualify at the expense of say Copenhagen, Panathinaikos etc. This Star league nonsense idea is just an extension of what the big clubs already demand. As for sporting merit: Real Madrid/Barcelona would have nowhere as much silverware in Europe if they played in a half decent league. Obviously, if they had ended up 7th 8th or 9th in their home league, the rules would be shoved around a bit to make sure this meant European Cup (Champions League) qualification.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I'm sure the Man Utd fans will make clear their virulent opposition to this.
Im expecting to see a couple of thousand in different coloured scarves at the next home game.

"I fear all we have done is awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" Admiral Yamamoto, 1941 (allegedly).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here