[Football] Favourite Sussex club apart from the Albion?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which is your favourite Sussex club apart from The Albion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Eastbourne should be divided into three options: Borough, United and Town.

Might seem pedantic as Borough are the most senior team and get four-figure crowds ... but they're also the youngest, in terms of history. For many years United were a reasonable regional non-league force and had a biggish fanbase. Town have quite a vocal and active fanbase.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I like Lewes very friendly club good beer and food quite unique location and stadium plastic pitch
Lancing my local club another plastic pitch apparently grass struggles to grow in Sussex
Worthing real grass nice main stand good food and drink easy parking and the footballs not bad as such my alternative favourite Sussex team
Are you sure you’re not muddled there? I don’t know about the others, but Worthing have a 3G pitch.

I have previously spent time watching Crawley before they got into the Football League and have a season ticket for the Brighton women’s team as well as the men’s team.
Having now moved to Worthing, I went to my first game at Woodside Road yesterday and ticked them in the poll.

Last edited:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
My Dad was taking me to Woodside Road long before our first visit to the Goldstone Ground in 1969 so it will always be Worthing first :thumbsup:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Lancing my local club another plastic pitch apparently grass struggles to grow in Sussex
Worthing real grass nice main stand good food and drink easy parking and the footballs not bad as such my alternative favourite Sussex team

Doesn’t Worthing have 4g? Remember they had it laid but the contractors got the drainage wrong and they had to only have away games for a couple of months

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Am a season ticket holder at AFC Uckfield Town as well as the Albion. Love it down at the Oaks, proper grassroots football. Up the Uckers.
I went there for an evening match as my son was playing for Newhaven Under 23s against Uckfield, I could see the floodlights but not the entrance, missed about half an hour of the match.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
When I was younger my favourite club was Sherry's in West Street but when I got less mature I was rather fond of Spearmint Rhino.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
You must have been unwell the day they did geography

True, but you will never know the joy of standing and singing "Come on you Dorks!". Which is a most polite song given the "Dorking Seagull".
359f8541722ec9b79e32c61a57390d8e.jpg

Its nice to follow a northern team that is a natural parody of that other northern team up Purley way.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Whitehawk I suppose, I played for their junior teams……..a long, long time ago……

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports