Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Favourite Sussex club apart from the Albion?

Which is your favourite Sussex club apart from The Albion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
started to watch a bit more of Broadbridge heath the last couple of years since i moved over the road from the club, On a good run currently 3rd in the county league although personally think they wont have enough to pip Newhaven to the title feel like the dockers deserve to go up.
I see Broadbridge Heath had a good win away at Peacehaven today, Crawley Down Gatwick lost and Newhaven won away at Midhurst.
BH must be second in the league tonight and have 2 games in hand over Newhaven.
Looking at some of the recent BH results I wouldn’t be surprised if they win the league.

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
I've only been once but I did enjoy my day at Lewes last summer.

On a stronger level it's Steyning as I'm an absolute legend there(well, I played there for 18 months as a teen before going to Uni but I assume they're still talking about my incredible performances for the u18's, reserves and bench sitting for the firsts.)

I also watched quite a lot of Peacehaven in the early mid 90's. That was a cracking team that should have been several rungs higher up the pyramid but for whatever reason never got promoted despite winning the league by about 200 points every season.
I watched Peacehaven a lot in the early 90's too.
As you say a fantastic team, won the league a few times and had some great runs in the Vase.
I think the facilities held them back, they couldn't get the ground grading to move up the pyramid.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing are in the league above what was the County League (Dean Cox is Lancing’s manager)
It’s called the Southern Combination League now. Few Surrey teams thrown into the mix. 4 in Shoreham’s league for example - Epsom, Chessington, Dorking B & Goldalming.
I'm going to backtrack even further on my original post (#48). Rather like the current era is the greatest in the Albion's history I think the same applies to Lancing. Having read the 'History' section on the Lancing website I discover that Lancing actually, shock horror ..... got promoted into the Isthmian League! Yes Lancing, good old Lancing, the club that traditionally always found division one of the Sussex County League to be a level too high actually managed to WIN it under its new name of the Southern Combination and moved up a level in the pyramid. Ok it was after two Covid-truncated seasons and they used some formula to work out the winner, but that's splitting hairs - Lancing won the league and got promoted and this is their second season in the Isthmian.

And despite me saying I'd be upset to find they're doing well after all the childhood years I spent watching them lose I'm really pleased for them. We all thought the club would never amount to much after debts forced them to sell the ground to the Sussex FA and thus they lost all revenue streams except the gate money, so this is a real triumph.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here