Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Favourite Sussex club apart from the Albion?

Which is your favourite Sussex club apart from The Albion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I do keep an eye out for many other Sussex clubs.

Don't like Crawley at all, not even sure why, probably because I hate the town.

Got soft spots for Lewes, Worthing and Whitehawk. In particular Worthing lately, in part due to ex Albion connections, but also I often work and have friends round that way.

Which is your favourite Sussex club, apart from The Albion, if any... and why?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I go watch Lewes quite regularly, but I think the Sussex football scene is really strong. I know Worthing are supposed to be rivals of Lewes, but they play some great football and they're another good club. I went over to watch Shoreham the other week, which was good fun. It's nice to catch up with some friends and pick a random game to just go along and watch.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I like Lewes very friendly club good beer and food quite unique location and stadium plastic pitch
Lancing my local club another plastic pitch apparently grass struggles to grow in Sussex
Worthing real grass nice main stand good food and drink easy parking and the footballs not bad as such my alternative favourite Sussex team

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If the Albion are at home l can be found in my seat in the Lower West Stand.

Any other Saturday, (& midweek wherever possible), l will be manning the gate at Gorings Mead for Horsham YMCA games, or travelling to watch them away.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's hard enough to endure the emotional ups and downs of one team. I couldn't possibly handle supporting another (and I have no interest in doing so either). I think that may be why I have zero interest in England or women's football, but that may be more complex.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bobkin Jnr's U14s team :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lewes - been watching the women's team quite a bit, the whole set up/ethos of the club is good (but I do wonder for how long they'll be able to compete at their current level as bigger clubs start lobbing far more money in), plus Burgess Hill TFC as it's a 5 min walk to the ground and always a nice social catch-up (great food too). Big FA Cup tie at Lewes this Sunday - a win sees the women in the QFs and potential WSL opponents - a local derby would be good if BHA overcome Coventry (they should...easily......but.....)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Newhaven.

Also like Lewes and have been to a fair few games at the Dripping Pan over the last 15 years.
I look out for Whitehawk’s results, I haven’t been down there for a while but have also watched them.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Don't have a favourite but have watched games in last 5 years at 6 of them. I like Burgess Hill and Worthing Lewes going on and on about equality drives me nuts.

In playing days have played at 9 of the grounds

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Over the last few years I've seen games at Worthing, Lewes, Burgess Hill, Whitehawk, Hassocks, Eastbourne United, Hassocks, Steyning, Eastbourne Borough, Hastings, Lewes, Littlehampton, Haywards Heath, Seaford, Shoreham, Peacehaven, Newhaven, Horsham, Saltdean, Lancing and Crawley. That said, my youth was spent in and up country from Hastings and they are my preferred Sussex alternative to the Albion.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Mustafa.... you need to widen your voting selection.... "Other" represented the third highest entries.... surely Arundel must be included

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here