Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite beer and why?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Trust me, I wish I did enjoy a fine flaggon of foaming ale. Does London Pride count? I remember I had a bottle out of the fridge once, (it was meant for a mate), it was quite nice. Then I had a pint in the pub, didn't like it! WTF is wrong with me?

Nothing wrong with you sir! Taste is subjective and a very personal thing. Plus a bottle conditioned beer can taste very different to a cask conditioned version of the same beer.

Don't get beer snobbery. The letters pages in What's Brewing (CAMRA's monthly paper) are awash with the same rubbish every month. They've now got a new target though and "Craft Beer" is getting it with both barrels along with the ever consistent abuse directed towards lager drinkers.

I personally think Harveys is one of the dullest brewerys in the country. To me their beer only gets any flavour when it gets over the 5% mark otherwise it just tastes of nothing! But as plenty of others on this thread and generally will tell you they are one of the most respected and sought after brewers in the country. My taste is the polar opposite to Notters, whilst I have no problem with traditional brewing the industry has moved on and is producing some very tasty beers using hops sourced from all over the planet. Our very own Dark Star love a bizarre fusion but my favourite brewery is without a shadow of a doubt Thornbridge. Jaipur is like liquid crack as is Kipling.

In short drink whatever the flip you like and don't worry what anyone else thinks!...........unless it's cider......those folk are weird!!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
London Pride. Sold everywhere and a nice pint

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here